2.1

2001 Buick Regal miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick Regal:

2001 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Apr 062016

Regal

We took our car in for recall repair on Wednesday April 6, 2016. When the dealer returned our car it cut off continuously. As a matter if fact it cut off while we were driving on a major busy street. We returned the car to the dealer explaining that this was not a problem when we brought the car in for the recall repairs. The dealer has had our car for a months and stated that it was something else and it would cost $400. We told the dealer we did not have $400. This is the third time we have brought our car to correct the problem. Our daughter went with us to the dealer and was told that they would cut half of the cost for repair and that our car would be ready Friday, May 6, 2016. The dealer still has our car and stated the part that was ordered did not fix the problem. We have not heard anything from the dealer as of today, Monday, May 9, 2016. We are senior citizens and was told not to drive the car and not to park it in the garage because it might catch on fire. We have been without our car since we received the recall letter and waiting on the part to arrive at the dealer. We are very frustrated and disappointed with the customer service we have received during this recall process. We have been inconvenienced and there has been no type of compensation offered for the inconvenience. Not a loaner car or rental car. We have had to cancel doctor's appointments because we have no car to drive. We are really contemplating legal actions.

- Detroit, MI, USA

May 052016

Regal

While stationary and in motion on highway and on city streets when the turn signal isturned on the vehicle shuts off, and when attempting to restart vehicle with turn signals off the electronics flash as if they are connected to flasher relay

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Jan 112014

Regal

10-15 minutes after Buick was parked it caught fire. Jan. 2014. I know find there is a recall for oil on exhaust manifold. I contacted Buick and got the run around and do feel I am due some compensation however do not know how to go forward.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Jan 012015

Regal

Can't get key out of ignition when trying to turn off engine. Why wasn't 2001 Buick Regal recalled for ignition problem. The key gets stuck and I can't turn off engine. I have to turn key back and forth or put car in drive and inpark to get key out. This happens 9 out of 10 times I drive car. Please do something about this problem.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Mar 162014

Regal

When I hit breaks my headlights go out no accident yet

- Washington, DC, USA