NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2003 Buick Regal (Page 2 of 2)

1.9

2003 Buick Regal electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Regal:

2003 Buick Regal Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 222008

Regal

2003 Buick Regal grand sport on Sunday June 22, 2008 my husband and I were returning home from Chicago, il. While we were driving down interstate 55 I accelerated to go around the vehicle in front of me. When I stepped on the gas to accelerate, the dash lights all went red, and the vehicle stalled. It lost all power. This was very scary and could have cost many lives. I was able to get to the shoulder by coasting there. After sitting there in disbelief of what had just happened. The vehicle was still running so I put it into drive and tried to accelerate again to pull into traffic, but the car would not move. I turned the vehicle off and restarted it. And it started right up, so I pulled into traffic and proceeded home. However the vehicle was running at less power. Even through the speedometer read 65 I was not going 65 I was going more like 55 on the interstate. My husband noticed the difference also. When we reached our home, we unloaded the suitcases and immediately took the vehicle to the dealership where we bought the car and I have my repair work done. (we bought this car new from the dealership) after having the car for days they found nothing wrong with my vehicle. I know there is something wrong with this vehicle, because it happened to me again on the way home from the dealership. We only have a little over 57,000 miles on this vehicle and it is still under the extended warranty we took out on it when we bought it. Please help us with this problem. I would hate to have my young grandchildren in the vehicle if something bad would happen especially if it could be avoided. Thank-you. Sincerely, dave and phylis underwood eureka, il. 57,000 miles

- Eureka, IL, USA

Jun 062007

Regal

My mother's 2003 Buick Regal caught fire in the steering column.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA