8.0

2003 Buick Regal engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Regal:

2003 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Jun 042014

Regal LS 3.8L

My car will stall when I am driving and all the dash lights will come on. Sometimes when I try to start it the dash lights will begin to flash as if they are on the blinker flasher and if the starter will turn over, the motor won't start but will buck and spit like it is totally out of timing. Sometimes the starter won't turn over, it is as if there is no power going to it. If I try to start it a few times it will return to normal, it starts and away we go. It has never yet failed to start.

It occurs at various times and seems to go in streaks. It will go for a long time with no problem and then it will have problems continuously for a period of a day or days. I see other people have stated that it is an ignition switch problem. Is this covered under the new GM ignition switch recall?

- , Oak Grove, MN, USA

Jul 182008

Regal LS 6

This is the Third Buick Regal I have had. The first one gave me no problem. Second one kept stalling and I spent over $2000 trying to fix it. I finally traded it in for this 2003 Buick Regal. I love this car BUT...It has started doing the same thing! It is now at a dealer's repair shop and it is going to cost me a gazillion dollars to fix!!!!!!! How come no one else has had this problem? Why hasn't anyone else complained about it?? Also, my air conditioning has developed a leak and I can't afford to replace it.

- , Rome, NY 13440, USA