NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition: Switch Problems

4.5

2004 Buick Regal electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Regal:

2004 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Oct 112006

Regal

First time my car stalled and had the ignition switch replaced was 15 months after purchasing it from a Buick dealer. Beginning 9/2011 car began stalling at many and various times. I attempted to have this repaired - taking to my Buick dealer on many occasions and to my local auto mechanic making repairs as suggested and still my car continued to stall, most recent time of stalling - Oct. 2013 - had Buick dealer again check and research technical documents to see what could be causing this problem - Buick could not find anything even after I asked them 'could it be my ignition switch' and was told no. I took my car to my local auto mechanic again and after doing lots of testing - he replaced my ignition switch. Car has not stalled since. As I understand it - my ignition switch could fail again and I am requesting that my make and model be reviewed and included in the 'recent' GM ignition switch recall.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA