1.3

2004 Buick Regal miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Regal:

2004 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Jan 072016

Regal

I was leaving work one evening and used my turn signals to pull out of the parking lot when the vehicle shut off. The car started back up immediately, but once I used the turn signal again, the car shut off completely. Each time I used a turn signal, the car shut off, though it was able to start back up immediately. After searching online, I found this: www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/06/16/322607434/GM-recalls-3-2-million-more-cars-for-faulty-ignition-switches I searched my VIN number and there was no recall for my specific car. I called GM and they told me if there was no recall they would conduct a diagnostic and would go from there. Right or wrong, I was fully convinced the problem would be the ignition switch. I took the car to my mechanic in philadelphia because I trusted him and felt comfortable with him looking at it. He had never seen this before. After doing his own diagnostic, he found that the problem was the ignition switch. I emailed GM about this issue and asked them to reimburse me for the $387 worth of repairs, but they refused, saying the car was too old and it was not because of a defective part: "...our experience has been that a defect attributable to the original manufacturing and assembly process generally makes itself apparent quite early in the life of the vehicle. After a vehicle has been in service for several years, many factors (usage, owner maintenance, age and wear, etc.) can contribute to difficulties that are beyond the control of the vehicle's manufacturer. A point is eventually reached where the manufacturer's responsibility ceases and any additional repairs or expenses become the responsibility of the owner. Because your 2004 Buick Regal has been in service for approximately 12 years and has accumulated 132,344 miles on it, we are unable to participate on your requested reimbursement. "

- Philadelphia, PA, USA