2005 Buick Regal electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Buick Regal:

2005 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Apr 212014

Regal 6-cyl

Several times my car has suddenly shut off while driving on roads and even the freeway. The steering wheel locks up and you cannot operate the vehicle. The last time this happened, it caused me to drift across two lanes and onto the shoulder of the road. There were other cars around that had to avoid me. I was driving with my two small children in car seats in the back. We were terrified! we are afraid to get into that car. It's a death trap. I don't have a lot of money. The car is only valued at $3,000, but the repairs are estimated at $1000. The dealership said it was probably the ignition switch that needs to be replaced. There is a GM recall right now for that same problem, but they have not yet included the Buick Regals. The dealership said they were aware of the defects, but could not cover the cost of repairing it, because my car wasn't listed on that recall yet.

- Granite Bay, CA, USA