2.8

2011 Buick Regal engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Regal:

2011 Buick Regal Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 182015

Regal 4-cyl

On Saturday, 4/18/15, I was in the intersection waiting to make a left hand turn; the vehicle was not moving. When it was clear to complete the left hand turn, I placed my foot on the accelerator and the vehicle would not move forward. By this time, the light changed to red, permitting traffic in the opposite direction to move forward. However, I am in the middle of the intersection unable to move. I shut the vehicle off and restarted the vehicle at which time, I was able to maneuver my vehicle out the away and complete my left hand turn. I took it to the Buick dealership located at 7400 w cermak road in North riverside, il on 4/20/15 and they found nothing wrong with it. So I picked up my vehicle home 4/20/15 and drove it home. On the ride home, it performed with no issues. Then on Tuesday, 4/21/15, I was sitting at a red light. Once the light turned green which permitted me to move forward, I placed my foot on the acceleration. The vehicle jolted forward an inch or so and would not move forward any longer. The van behind me had to swing to the right of my vehicle to avoid rear ending me. This is a very dangerous situation. This could cause accidents and/or injury and fatalities. I also had my 13 yr old daughter in the vehicle with me during both incidents. I've seen numerous complaints about this same problem. This needs to be addressed as the could end someone's life or seriously injure someone.

- Hillside, IL, USA

Apr 182015

Regal 4-cyl

I was driving about 35 mph and was coming into an intersection in which I needed to turn. Stoplight turned red, so I stopped. As soon as I stopped, the car just died. Would not restart. Had to call a tow truck. My daughter was in the car! we could have seriously been hurt. Someone please figure out what is going on. Have had my car at dealer before and mentioned stalling, but nothing has been done. Will be having it towed back in Monday.

- Ossian, IN, USA

Oct 152014

Regal

I bought this 2011 Buick Regal with about 53000 miles on it from a private seller. From the day I got it the stereo, clock, navigation have been a problem. The clock doesn't hold the time, stereo turns off my itself or sometimes makes a loud pop noise and doesn't work. The navigation is in the state of Washington, I live in N.Y. the drivers heated seat doesn't work. The bumper to bumper warranty was up 3000 mile ago, at this point. Later, the timing chain needed to be replaced. The motor made a loud knock and would surge, hesitate and stall. With the timing being off, the transmission wouldn't downshift and was hard to stop the car. Two months later the same symptoms re-occurred. The dealer charged me to diagnose and told me it was down 2 quarts of oil. They changed the oil 2 months prior. Now, I noticed the rear brakes are dragging and don't release sometimes. GM, Buick and two dealer won't do anything about any of this. An expensive car that is barely years old with all these problems. I've seen the service bulletins on all off these problems. No help from GM, just index card readers from the philippines who apologize every thirty seconds and make excuses!

- Amherst, NY, USA

Jan 302015

Regal

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Regal. The contact stated that the vehicle started to shake and stalled intermittently. The contact stated that the failure occurred during cold weather conditions. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate over 36 mph. The contact also stated that the vehicle would accelerate independently intermittently. The contact mentioned that the electronic stability control, the engine and the oil warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 44,000.

- Elizabeth, NJ, USA

Nov 142011

Regal

Purchased car in summer of 2011. During the first cold weather car would give a warning to service stabiliti trac and that the engine power had been reduced. I decided to pull over and restart the vehicle and it would reset the computer and the warning lights would turn off. I took this to the dealer and they could not replicate the issue. I started to let the car warm up in the winter and this seemed to help until recently. Within the last few weeks I have been having similar problems even after letting the car warm up. The car will automatically reduce engine power even while on the highway making it difficult to get out of the way of traffic. After these incidents the check engine light will come on but will go off after turning the car off and restarting. I have contacted onstar and they tell me the same thing that the warning lights do. I have also had issues with the car trying to accelerate on its own while at a stoplight. After going to the dealer and having them not able to diagnose the problem or try to repair it and not fix the issues, I feel at a loss of what to do at this point. I do not have the time or money to keep going to the dealer only to leave with the same problems. I would think that the manufacturer would be more inclined to fix these issue before people are injured or any fatalities occur due to their negligence. I feel that after reading about other people's similar issues that this is something that should call for a recall.

- Grand Ledge, MI, USA

Jan 312015

Regal 4-cyl

The vehicle lost most of its power, the engine light came on and it would not even accelerate to 40 mph. This is a very dangerous situation on the highway where the minimum speed is 45 mph. Apparently, this is not uncommon with that engine. I am now paying $611 to replace the throttle body that apparently is the source of the problem on this essentially new car.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Jul 242014

Regal 4-cyl

Well first there are a few complaints, first few months, car alarm going off at random, then trunk popped at random, brought in two separate occasions to dealer for service was said to be fixed. Then left signal outage few occasions brought in with the other work, had no idea about the bulbs till this site, then radio on and off intermittent, battery or other car dies charges will drive all day end of day after a battery jump stutters as driving or feels like going to just die. Got home on 7/21/2014 and noticed all the recalls on news had no clue it was this make, model, year, etc., my 18 has driven on numerous occasions (god forbid) ! also I'm reading where this make takes off at random has happened numerous times in drive thru assumed I hadn't applied enough pressure to brake. I'm furious and honestly with young adult drivers scared to death now! ohhh and never received any recall info on this vehicle ever! oh and my key broke to only thing is it bent and had replaced ! and seat was loose also.

- East Haven , CT, USA

Jun 022014

Regal 4-cyl

When starting the car in the morning, it acts dead, but the battery is okay. After a few tries it does start but then I have the dash light behaving crazy - emergency flashers on and various messages in my center dash. I reset everything to normal and am okay. Upon a restart later in the day, things are usually okay. Being a senior citizen I don't go very far but yesterday, as I was entering a traffic circle, the engine suddenly quit, a huge trailer truck was bearing down on me and luckily the car started back up just in time. The Buick dealer (darby) treated me rudely over a minor problem so now I don't know where to go or what to do for help on this issue.

- North Port, FL, USA

May 212014

Regal 4-cyl

I have had to turn my vehicle into the shop on multiple occasions regarding my vehicle breaking down in the middle of traffic, the card basically runs like a toy! within months of purchasing this precertified one owner vehicle, the oil light supposedly was recalled and did not function-car had absolutely no oil. I continued to received Buick handled maintenance and still experiencing issues. The vehicle still looses oil within range of not needing a change. The card jerks and when approaching stops and will completely cut off. I recently got my car back after two weeks of repairs replacing of engine pistons, belts so on and so forth however today after coming to a stop at a stop light, the car began to jerk and shake and the died. The light turn green and I was in front of a school bus! I cannot be on the road and my car cutting off in traffic after multiple repairs! this was my first car purchase and I am more than disappointed. Once again I have to take my car in to see why the issue continues.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Apr 292014

Regal

The contact owns a 2011 Buick Regal. The contact stated while traveling at any speed the service engine light illuminated intermittently on more than one occasion. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who did not diagnose the failure nor did they repair the vehicle. The code was cleared on the instrument panel by an authorized dealer and the failure recurred. The contact continued to see the service engine light illuminate and the vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who diagnosed that the crank shaft sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Lincoln, IL, USA

Jul 012013

Regal 4-cyl

I received a letter from Buick which said my balancing belt (timing chain) could break causing engine damage. They would not do anything about it until it broke. They extended the warranty in case that happened. If the timing chain breaks and the engine stops, I will lose steering control which is a comforting thought. If I am on interstate doing 70 mph and lose steering, good bye!

- Dillon, SC, USA

Jun 282012

Regal 4-cyl

I experience intermittent noise from the right/passenger side of the engine compartment. I drove vehicle to Suburban Buick GMC and was unable to duplicate noise and no action was taken. On while in el paso, tx the noise return and would not stop. Drove vehicle to shamaley Buick GMC on June 28, 2012 and the belt tensioner was replace (invoice 25754milage 35416). Again, the intermittent noise return and again I took vehicle to Suburban Buick GMC and service center was unable to duplicate noise. Advise service of previous repair and since problem could not be duplicated in service area, no action was taken. While in las vegas, nv took vehicle to fairway Chevrolet Buick GMC on June 17, 2013 for another concern. While in service area service advisor duplicated the noise while moving vehicle. Service advisor know what causes the noise, the repair was perform in addition to the other concern. Replace belt tensioner and serpentine belt (tag 0059 mileage 71195) the original part fails and was replace then the second part fails. This part should not fail in 35,000 miles. This is something that should be investigated.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Dec 142012

Regal 4-cyl

While traveling 55 miles per hour on the high way the car shut off causing me to force the wheel on the road. I reported this and was given rental cars for the noises and belts to be examined. The noise subsided a few weeks only to return when driving about 45 miles per hour and the car cut off again. This time in traffic March 2013. The third time was in April 2013. The last time was June 16, 2013. It has been in the shop over 45 days. Nothing was told to me was wrong. Then why is it shutting off while im driving?

- Fayetteville, NC, USA