3.8

2011 Buick Regal miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Regal:

2011 Buick Regal Owner Comments

May 112016

Regal

I was driving down the highway with my grandchildren. I was going 50 miles an hour and all of a sudden no warning the car like stalled and reduced engine power light came on. Car stalled and I started it but wouldn't let me go anywhere! it was dangerous and could have gotten us killed! I called GM to report it for a safety recall. I had to pay $120 for a tow. Took to Buick dealer it was a screw that wasn't torque right on the timing chain. I had to pay $500. I shouldn't had to pay anything. Now I no longer have the confidence in the name or my car. It runs rough and it starts terrible shaky. Only 50,000 miles on it. Can you imagine being on a highway and your car stalls. Thank god no one was behind me. I have receipts from tow company and the Buick dealer but they would not give me the papers to my vehicle. That had exactly what they did. So on my receipt it says miscellaneous! they refused to give me anything else. My car has 54,000 some miles. My warranty expired in February 2016 only had the car a little over a year. For some reason I could not put the mileage below.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Dec 292015

Regal

There was a recall of the key and "fob" for 2010-2014 Chevy camaros because the key could be bumped by someone's knee or some similar issue. The key of my 2011 Buick Regal broke, and I believe it has the same construction as the camaro. By broke I mean that the metal part the flips the key in and out the fob (when you press a button) actually broke, luckily while my wife was turning off the ignition. I therefore suspect that since the camaro and Buick are built by GM and probably share the same key/fob design, I'm experiencing the same problem as the drivers of the recalled camaros, and the key/fob of the 2011 Buick Regals should also be recalled.

- Encino, CA, USA

Jun 022015

Regal

The check/service engine light comes on. After a few days it goes away. I have had the codes read and the issue cannot be determined. Sometimes the acceleration from stop does not respond timely. It makes it difficult when merging on freeways. I was almost involved in a car accident when the first incident occurred due to slow response of acceleration. Maf has been clean. The a new maf was installed. Nothing has changed. Also I am not sure if this is related but I cannot run my air conditioner until the car has been running for a few miles. If I do the compressor will make an awful noise. An odor has started to come from the vents when the air is not running.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Dec 142012

Regal 4-cyl

While traveling 55 miles per hour on the high way the car shut off causing me to force the wheel on the road. I reported this and was given rental cars for the noises and belts to be examined. The noise subsided a few weeks only to return when driving about 45 miles per hour and the car cut off again. This time in traffic March 2013. The third time was in April 2013. The last time was June 16, 2013. It has been in the shop over 45 days. Nothing was told to me was wrong. Then why is it shutting off while im driving?

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Oct 192011

Regal 4-cyl

Driver's side floor mat does not stay in place when stepped on during exit/entry or during the course of driving. Mat can become lodged under brake pedal resulting in reduced braking ability in emergency situations. Contacted dealership, demonstrated problem, was told that no fix exists. Contacted corporate and explained danger, was told that mats are functioning as they should, no repair exists. I am a forensic accident reconstructionist and have seen the results of floormats becoming dislodged and hampering emergency braking attempts.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA