5.3

2013 Buick Regal electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Regal:

2013 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Oct 212016

Regal

Codes present in computer are P1101 air intake performance, P0101 mass air flow circuit a failure. The car has reduced power and surging during acceleration. Stumbling at start up. The vehicle's turbo wastegate fails to close before 3,500 RPM therefore causing a severe spool time on turbocharger the manufacture is unable to repair as per the 4 months the car has been being diagnosed and finally the service manager has admitted they are unable to repair the vehicle. Corporate GM in involved along with field technicians. Since the vehicle has been returned to me still failing now has active codes for U0100 lost communication with ECM, U0140 lost communication with body control module, U0128 lost communication with parking brake module, U0073 communication bus a off, U0101 lost communication with transmission control module since the can-bus is failing the car is now trying to stall intermittently while driving any speed.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Jun 012016

Regal

Driving approximately 40 mph when the vehicle became resistant to acceleration attempts. The vehicle started to downshift independently despite the brake pedal not being depressed. Then I lost the power steering, the instrument panel started flickering. It then lost all power and left me stranded on the interstate, narrowly missing other cars. Within five minutes, the flashers and lights also went totally dead. Tried to restart the car again, but would not. Had to have it towed. The failure mileage was at 60,000 miles. Searching on the internet, discover a related problem of GM's recall campaign number is 13136 or NHTSA campaign number: 13V173000

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 012015

Regal 4-cyl

Multiple indicator lights are coming on when nothing is wrong with the vehicle, gradual loss of battery charge. Then my vehicle will not start at all. Nothing wrong with the starter, battery is still good, the alternator is fine. My indicator console will not come back on when I try to turn the car back on, car will not start without a jump, but all the lights inside and outside of the vehicle are on. I have found that this model year has a recall already on it for this same issue id # 13V173000 - electrical system. Nothing else seems to be wrong with the vehicle. Not sure at this point if it is safe to drive.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Mar 172015

Regal

The contact owns a 2013 Buick Regal. The contact stated that the push to start button was too close to the steering wheel, which caused the vehicle to accidently be turned off when driving. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 400...updated 05-26-15

- Pearl City, HI, USA

Mar 062014

Regal 4-cyl

I purchased a new 2013 Buick Regal E-assist vehicle from the GM dealership in St. Catharines. When I attempted to start my new car and drive it for the first time, to my surprise and dismay, the emergency lights went off, windshield wipers started wiping, audible warning sounds went off, and the car started making loud screeching noises! the vehicle sounded as if it was crying and dying! I was frightened that the vehicle was going to explode in my garage! I immediately exited the car. When I returned to the vehicle a few moments later, all power was off in the vehicle. It appeared as if the vehicle had a power failure. Upon doing some research online I found that apparently, to my surprise, there was a recall on the vehicle (recall # 13146) due to a potential malfunction issue with the generator control module. Appears that my vehicle was one of the vehicles affected by the defective gcm, however the vehicle was sold to me prior to having the gcm replaced! I am extremely displeased that the recall was not dealt with by the dealership! while my vehicle was towed to the GM dealership and successfully repaired, this situation has caused me an unacceptable amount of stress, emotional trauma, and physical symptoms such as heart palpitations and insomnia! for the past month, I have had perpetual nightmares related to this E-assist vehicle! I am even frightened to approach the vehicle and start it, for fear of what might happen again! I am constantly worried that the vehicle is going to explode or catch fire! furthermore, I have tried driving the car for short distances daily, but I have been experiencing headaches, anxiety, dizziness, and numbness while driving. Due to the trauma and negative health problems (heart problems, insomnia, etc.) that I have experienced as a result of this E-assist vehicle, I am in the process of trading in for a non hybrid.

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA