3.8

2013 Buick Regal fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Regal:

2013 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Oct 192016

Regal

I have a Buick power add on system that is 50 state carb legal called the stage one kit offered by GM the kit consists of an air intake and a software calibration. Among all the issues I have been having with the car their final solution was to install the oem calibration and fuel tables but leave the the stage one kit installed. I believe this makes my car non-50 state emissions compliant. Part number for stage kit is 12653664. The isntallation manual specifically mentions not driving without the calibration update from the dealer. I have no way of putting it back in.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Mar 072015

Regal 4-cyl

On 3-7-15, upon leaving mcdonald's on 14 mile rd., in royal oak, mi. I approached the end of the driveway, stopped, waiting for traffic to clear. Starting to turn out of the driveway, I went to accelerate, the car did start to go, but suddenly, with no warning, the car would not accelerate. This occurred while I was now on the main road, with cars approaching, no acceleration. I glided into the driveway right next door, hardly made it safely. I tested the car in drive and reverse, and the car responded. I drove to the dealership, right lane, flashers on. They tested the car by computer coding "running lean". they determined this was the problem. I was called and told a loose cable and screw to the battery caused the problem. I asked and was told "running lean" had nothing to do with it. They said it coded previously "running lean". I never had warnings, or had no gas to the accelerator before. I have complained of a hesitancy when I go to accelerate from a stop. Test driving the car, nobody agreed with me, at somerset Buick or at sellers Buick. Told to me by somerset Buick, a problem has to occur 3 times before warning the driver. I said that could be "too late", and they could have a fatality on their hands. Imagine making a left turn in an intersection, starting to accelerate, and suddenly no gas to drive the car, in the middle of an intersection with cars coming" I pondered: The "3 time occurrence" before a warning? what reason not to warn a driver? how could there not be a warning to let a driver know that there is a cable and a screw loose causing no gas to the accelerator? I am haunted by what happened to all those people driving the GM cars that had the problems with the ignition. Will history repeat itself" I really believe this needs to be a recall situation to save lives.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA