8.0

1. design better parts (2 reports)
2002 Buick Rendezvous brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Rendezvous:

2002 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Feb 232016

Rendezvous CX

This is the most awful car in the history of the world for repeated repairing of brakes. At first I was blaming the new brake parts (which could still partly be true if the part is cheap quality). I was blaming the technician and blaming myself for having to be so poor that I could not afford the best quality brakes. But how often should I have to replace these much needed things? I just had the back rotors and rear brake pad sets replaced. Now the left fronts are going. Mind you I had the back brakes replaced just a year ago. The front brakes were also replaced about two years ago. I am so sick of this car draining my "some day in the future retirement plan"

- , Raytown, MO, USA

Mar 012009

Rendezvous CLX V6

Now the brakes are a problem again. Along w/AWD. Costs to repair are more than the car is worth. I've had it for 7 yrs. and put less than 50,000 miles on it. The electrical system has always been a problem. My insurance company dropped me because the car had been in an airbag-deployed accident which the dealer never told me about & GM insists never happened. Midas did some research & shows a list of defects, recalls & other issues. Is there any kind of class-action on this model yet?

- , Madison, WI, USA

Oct 312007

Rendezvous CXL AWD 3.2L V6

I purchased my first American car/suv 2002 Buick Rendezvous cxl, awd,factory wheels,etc- Loaded 68,000 miles 5/07-"BUICK FLAGSHIP"(vs the last 10 years,Toyota's -12ea)because my friend is a broker and he told me your quality is a lot better now then before,WELL NOT TRUE, within the first week i had to replace a defective gas tank it took an act of congress to get one(2003 and up had recalls but of course not mine)i had to call and wait 2 weeks and get approval to get one,$1500.00,Next a/c broke,transmission,brakes,sunroof,overheating,burning oil(1 qt per week),Bottom line ive spent more on my Buick to repair than 10 years of "NO REPAIRS AT ALL"on my vehicles with some over 100,000 miles - my tototas.WHY?????????I'll never buy another GM anything.A very disappointed American in our lousy Quality.

My Toyotas have/had a better quality,no repairs,better residule value(my buick depreciates $100/month since i bought it. Yet my 4 runner doesnt WHY???( I had a compressor go on my 1999 totota 4 runner fixed under warranty)other than that ive never been towed(have AAA for my Harley it broke too USA made, sold for kawasaki no more repairs)I dont understand how a comapny like BUICK can produce such a lousy product and sell cars and stay in business if i had to rely on usa made cars i would have been out of business 15 years ago.Im a traveling salesman i only do 40-50k miles per year,Ive been doing it for 25 years my First year in sales i was told by a friend who told me to buy a Mercedes pay triple for it and drive it for 10 years and save $100,000.oo on american made cars.I DID NOT LISTEN i spent/Lost over $100,000.00 in next 10 years on usa made cars plus repairs.I hate fords every one i owned needed 1-3 transmissions(have had 10 mustang convs)all broke,then i found out about the celica gt conv 1993(sticker $28,000)bought for $5000.00(all advertized for sale have over 120,000 miles) runs like a top, no repairs.You show me a usa car with those miles that still runs.

MY Whole complaint is BUICK

Lousy Workmanship and Quality and value and you want $42,000.00 for the new Buick Flagship SUV.Id buy a toyota for less first.

Look over the past 10 years (kbb,nada,edmonds)on your suvs/and/or others vs totota and see at 120,000 miles which one, #1 still runs and #2 will still bring a good price on trade/sale/auction its not buick .Again

- , Lantana, FL, USA