2.3

2002 Buick Rendezvous electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Rendezvous:

2002 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Dec 262009

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2002 Buick rendevous. While driving the headlights began to turn on and then off. Also the door locks were unlocking and locking on its own. The vehicle has not been diagnosed by the dealership and there were no prior warnings. The current and failure mileages were 102000.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Sep 252009

Rendezvous

Just purchased a 2002 Buick Rendezvous 4 months ago and have had nothing but issues with this car, it left me stranded and started up by a jump start. I got the battery, alternator, and starter checked all reported fine. Car ran fine for about 2 months then it did it again. The headlights will flicker at night sometimes at a rhythm. The interior lights decided when they will and will not work. Mainly the seat heater buttons. Replaced battery yesterday and while driving to richmond va all interior/exterior lights flashed on and off with the battery light showing in the dash. After a few minutes everything went back to normal. These cheaply made vehicles will cause a serious accident if not deaths if these companies don't stand behind what they put out to it's public. Considering that I owe $5000 for it I will not put alot into it to keep it running. This company needs to fix their vehicles the way they were advertised.

- Lebanon Church, VA, USA

Oct 232009

Rendezvous

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous and the battery power drain which resulted in the car going into security mode. The security warning now flashes above the speedometer and my radio states locked. The power windows & locks, radio, fog lights, interior lights and ac are not working due to the security feature being enabled. The keyless remote is not responding to the truck as well. I have also heard and read about several Rendezvous owners having this problem. I am surprise it is not consider part of the recall on the 02 rdz.

- N Charleston, SC, USA

Sep 052009

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Rendezvous. He experienced electrical failure including failure of the lights on the instrument control panel, the head-lights, and the door locks. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, and a technician concluded that he would have to pay $500 for a diagnostic fee to have the vehicle inspected. The failure and the current mileages were 56,812.

- Benham , KY, USA

Jun 302009

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that the service vehicle light illuminated on the instrument panel. It started to blink and dims the light or cuts off the exterior and interior lights in the vehicle. The vehicle also goes into security mode and locks the entire vehicle. The vehicle will need to be taken to an authorized dealer the current mileage was 81,500 and failure mileage was 80,000.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jun 302009

Rendezvous

Lose all gauges, and lights in the car. Car continues to run. Happens from several times a minutes to every few seconds. Now security check light comes on and car is locked.

- White Lake, MI, USA

Jun 022009

Rendezvous

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous with 52,650 miles on it. In the past 3 months I have had to have the body control module, a rt frt wheel speed sensor replaced. When I had it in for the speed sensor replaced, the GM shop found that the intake manifold is leaking and must be repaired @ a cost od $1000 and then maybe the head gaskets may need to be replaced due to the type od gaskets that GM used and the dex-cool anti freeze used I by GM. This has been a problem for several years and numerous complaints have been filed. A class action suit was filed but no one--no one notified the public about it until it was to late to get in on it. I think that there needs to be a forced recall to correct this problem. Tax payers have bailed out GM and we get stuck with a faulty product. I contacted GM and in the end they refused to make good or even admit this problem has existed since they started to use dexcool.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Apr 042009

Rendezvous

Body control module needs replacement. This seems to be happening to a ton of Rendezvous owners. Please help!

- Bemidji, MN, USA

Mar 272009

Rendezvous

While traveling home for spring break. My 2002 Buick Rendezvous experienced electrical problems and stalled on the highway. I purchased this vehicle in December 2008 and it is still under warranty. I had the vehicle towed from stockton ca to tracy ca where it remains awaiting a service authorization to be fixed from my contract holder. The mechanic at the tracy dealership stated the battery was dead, the oil was very low and that the engine had internal problems that would require him to dismantle or replace the engine. This particular vehicle is listed in many complaints in the data base here and has serious mechanical / electrical issues. To date March 29, 2009 I am awaiting service and a resolution. Nothing has been done to correct the issue to date.

- Carson, CA, USA

Jan 102008

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Rendezvous. While driving at an unknown speed, the security system warning indicator illuminated and caused the automatic windows, doors, and trunk to lock. The door locks intermittently moved from the locked to unlocked position. The contact could not exit the vehicle and attempted to place it into park and turn off the ignition. However, she was still unable to exit the vehicle. In addition, the radio lock button enabled and she could not move it from the unlock position. The dealer input a code that unlocked all the components that were affected by the security system. The ignition cylinder was repaired and the contact removed a fuse in an attempt to correct the failures. Currently, the trunk is still locked and the failures persist. The failure and current mileages were less than 100,000.

- Detroit, MI, USA

May 152006

Rendezvous

Car just shuts off will not start for 15 min. Then runs ruff after 30 min will start and run fine up to a week or a month no will not run at all. It is the wiring from BCM to fuel tank and now BCM is bad reading some foreign language also smell gas after fill up.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Mar 022009

Rendezvous

I have owned my 2002 Buick Rendezvous for less than 2 yrs and I have had to replace 2 wheel bearings and now I have blown a head gasket. Less than a month ago I had to replace the alternator and battery. The driver side window fell in less than a yr ago and I have electrical problems with it constantly. Including the alarm and security going off for no reason at all.

- Norwood, NY, USA

Apr 072008

Rendezvous

Changed battery in 2002 Buick Rendezvous. Now cluster is broke. Odometer displays error (no mileage). Cost to repair is >$800. Changing battery should not result in this repair. Need repaired to get plates and insurance.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Oct 182008

Rendezvous

The rear hatch door unlocks by itself from the body computer problem when you first start the car also other things that are controlled by this unit work or don't work including air bags sys outside temp air cond. Cooling fans among others. If you shut the car off and turn it on it goes away until you shut the car off.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Oct 102008

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Rendezvous. The contact noticed that the power locks were inoperative, which prevented him from exiting and locking the doors. Secondly, he noticed that the instrument panel gauges displayed inaccurate readings. Thirdly, he noticed that the battery warning indicator illuminated on the instrument control panel. He took the vehicle to the dealer and they replaced the battery and two modules in the electrical system. One week after the repair, the failure resurfaced. The VIN was unknown. The failure and current mileages were 66,000.

- Burdett, NY, USA

Mar 162008

Rendezvous

I own a 2002 Buick Rendezvous, it is the worst car I ever bought, transmission broke, ABS is damaged, cooling system has been repaired several times dashboard lights are out of control, condenser is cracked.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

Aug 312008

Rendezvous

2002 Buick Rendezvous. Dealership has informed me that BCM needs replacement. Internet searches show me that this has been a problem for many owners. This is a very serious problem & I am just relieved that my family did not suffer any serious physical harm from the incident. Car packed to bring son back to college. All of a sudden, while traveling at highway speed, all electrical controls seemed to stop. Radio cut out, all windows became inoperable, air conditioning stopped, back hatch inoperable. Control panel gave security alert and locked message across radio display. Biggest problem was fact that we were traveling at high speed on interstate on a very hot day. No operable windows and no a.C. had to exit over to shoulder. Took short spurts of stopping car to manually open doors for air, until we could return to our house. In the two weeks proceeding this incident, we had some sort of coil replaced in our steering column, and the car's battery replaced (already had replaced last year). Car only has 77,000 miles on it. Also were a victim of the Rendezvous' cracked A/C condenser about 2 yrs ago. This car seems to have some major problems and there are tsbs on this stuff, but no recalls. This latest problem with the BCM was very scary and dangerous! even though getting replaced at nearly $1,000 to me, I am afraid of driving this car on the highway. It was like the car was possessed.

- Medford Lakes, NJ, USA

Jul 102008

Rendezvous

2002 Buick Rendezvous gas gauge / sending unit failure gauge shows tank full when full but also registers full when tank is near empty. Ran out of fuel in heavy traffic but had no collision. GM has no fix for the problem.

- Forest Acres, SC, USA

Jul 152008

Rendezvous

Multiple issues with regard to 2002 Buick Rendezvous: With less than 50,000 miles, I have had to replace the onboard computer ($900), left front hub assembly ($1100) and A/C condenser ($1300). Among other issues related to design defects, the odometer is located inside the onboard computer, so the vehicle was in the repair shop for 5 days while the part was shipped to California (from Virginia) for repair. Recalls have not been issued for these parts, though there are numerous complaints on web forums (recommend initiating google search for "2002 Buick Rendezvous complaint").

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jul 252008

Rendezvous

We have a Buick Rendezvous. The car's interior lights go off without warning, and it becomes impossible to see dashboard lights, including speedometer, at night. Other times, horn will start blaring for several minutes with no warning...almost caused an accident yesterday...it startles anyone around. Now, when we turn off the car, the headlights won't go off at all, no matter what we try. Will have a dead battery next time we go to drive the car (tomorrow morning).

- Akron, OH, USA