2.0

1. replace transmission oil (1 reports)
2003 Buick Rendezvous cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Rendezvous:

2003 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Dec 152014

Rendezvous CLS 3.4L

When I get service engine soon I was told that the cooling system has a problem and since I have to change oil (50% left) I bring to the shop. After almost 3 days the mechanic suggest to replace the transmission oil which I agree (cost $ 430). When I pick the car (5 days) and the mechanic told me that every thing is OK ,I notice that the AWD disable warning is on. When I ask the mechanic his answer is that the AWD disable is always on, which is not. When I bring the car back home the engine service soon come back, this time I bring the car to the dealership. They find out that the PC sol shorted and T Stat sticking, drop the Trans pan to inspect for debris which looked OK. (cost me another $1500 and 3 days in the shop, I get a rental car).

Do you think it is a rip off?

For the AWD disable the adviser told me is overheated rear diff fluid from pump issue an suggest to replace the diff assembly which cost $3800 just for the parts, but he told it OK, repair later (?). I think I repair the diff in 2009 at the dealership, but I am still looking for the repair history which I do not have (I have most of the repair document in my file).

Please advice. I seldom use the car. Thank you. Bernard