$5,000.00

1. new engine (1 reports)
2003 Buick Rendezvous engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Rendezvous:

2003 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Oct 112008

Rendezvous CXL 3.4L V6

We bought the Rendezvous in 2006 with 34K on it. The day after we bought it, the intake gaskets went. Obviously, that was covered. After a little over a year, one of the wheel bearing hubs went; another known problem, but not TOO bad. I've kept up regular maintenance on it, and at around 60K I looked into having the timing belt replaced...only to find out it has a chain. So I should be all set, right?

Wrong.

Chain BROKE at 103K, destroying the engine. I could have spent a bit less on a junkyard motor, but since the body is still in fine shape, I went with a re manufactured engine. No problems with the car so far; but that's $5000 I would have preferred not to spend.

- , Colchester, CT, USA