NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2003 Buick Rendezvous (Page 1 of 2)

1.5

2003 Buick Rendezvous fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Rendezvous:

2003 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 012016

Rendezvous

I am having trouble out of my vehicle. I have replace several parts and still have not solved the problem. For instance, when I drive my car and cut it off I have to wait 30-45 mins. Before it will start again. I have changed the fuel pump 3 times and other parts of the car and I have not yet found a solution to my problem. I have had the truck for a year and eight months. The vehicle is motion but it cuts off and I have to wait 30-45 mins. Before my truck can restart. It's been going on for some months and I have changed many parts and it still does the same thing.

- Caruthersville, MO, USA

Oct 012016

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that while parked at the residence, the vehicle had a strong odor. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that there was a fuel leak around the inlet valve. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 41,000.

- Lompoc, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Rendezvous

As I pulled up to my home and got out of the vehicle; I smelled a strong gasoline smell. I noticed drippin under my vehicle. I took it to the shop this weekend. Gasoline leaking through the neck of the tank.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 022016

Rendezvous

The SUV was parked. The fuel tank inlet check valve: The area where the fuel tank and fuel tank inlet check valve connect is seeping fuel. At first I could smell the gasoline fumes and it continued that I had to look under the SUV. I saw indications of gasoline dripping from the fuel tank. I looked for internet information. I found other owners were having the same problem. I searched for recalls using the make, model, and year. I did find information that indicated that I and others had the same problem. Recall is the name of the situation. I have printed out the information. If it looks like a recall then I should go after this as a recall issue. I will most likely get pushed back from the manufacture. I will make calls to Buick and NHTSA to get some help.

- Medina, OH, USA

Apr 242016

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. While the vehicle was parked, a strong odor of fuel was noticed. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that a crack on the fuel tank caused the failure and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA

Nov 082015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that there was a strong odor of fuel coming from the fuel tank. In addition, there was fuel leaking from the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the valve was cracked. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 171,000.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jul 152015

Rendezvous

Noticed a very strong smell of gasoline in my garage. Inspection showed a small stain on the garage floor and a slow drip. Further inspection revealed a leak in the vicinity of the connection between the gas filler hose and the gas tank. The drip will cease when the tank is below half full

- Satellite Beach, FL, USA

Jul 272015

Rendezvous

Fuel vapors inside car and fuel leakage on the ground.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 032015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that there were strong fumes of fuel emitting from the vehicle for several months. The dealer diagnosed that the tube connected to the filler fractured and had a progressing leak associated with the fuel tank assembly. The dealer stated that the filler tube and the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Yuba City , CA, USA

Jul 012014

Rendezvous

Gas started leaking and has not stopped... Buick says that there are no recalls on my VIN although the exact year make and model has a recall and it is for this same problem

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Jul 012015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that while the vehicle was parked, the fuel tank leaked and there was an abnormal odor. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel leak was near the filler spout. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline) was related to the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Antioch, CA, USA

Jun 152015

Rendezvous

There is an open safety recall on this make and model #06230A due to crack/leak that develops in the fuel tank. I purchased this vehicle in April 2015 and in June it developed a strong odor of fuel vapors. My mechanic confirmed that there is a crack/leak in the fuel tank. I called Buick for assistance to replace the tank and they opened case #71-1490527942. They instructed me to take it to the dealership for verification of the crack. That was completed on 7/16/15. Now Buick is refusing to provide assistance for the replacement of the tank. My vehicle only has 79,688 miles. The special coverage was extended for 150,000 miles or 10 years. They informed me that the special coverage expired in 2013 and that the recall doesn't cover my VIN, although this is clearly the same make and model with the same issue. I can't help but wonder how many other owners of this vehicle are in the same hazardous situation? Buick admits it may be a life-threatening hazard and advises that the tank should be replaced immediately, but they refuse to accept responsibility for this manufacturing defect. Once again, GM exhibits depraved indifference to their customers' lives. I would appreciate a follow up from NHTSA.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jun 292015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. While approaching the vehicle, the contact smelled a strong odor of fuel. The contact observed a large puddle of fuel under the rear driver side of the vehicle. The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 74,000.

- Ralston, NE, USA

May 142015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. After the vehicle was refueled, the contact discovered that fuel was leaking under the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was unknown.

- Zellwood, FL, USA

May 072015

Rendezvous

The fuel inlet pipe containing the inlet check valve is fractured and fuel vapors and fuel is leaking out. GM data previously revealed that elevated ambient temperatures, higher carbon content in the icv and variation in the manufacturing process were contributing factors for cracks in the icv. The car was located in southern Florida for an extended period of time which has caused the fracture in the icv.

- Woodridge , IL, USA

May 112015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that fuel leaked from the fuel tank after getting the fuel pump replaced. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician diagnosed the inlet valve was leaking. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,052.

- San Ramon, CA, USA

Apr 142014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

My wife's Rendezvous has been leaking gas for the past year. I've looked on every sight seeing if her car is due for a recall and it is saying that the only recall on her vehicle is the frame. I don't know if it has already been accomplished or not because she had the vehicle before I married her. But the incident has got much worse.

- Warner Robins, GA, USA

Mar 092015

Rendezvous 6-cyl

My gas tank is leaking exactly like in the description of recall # 07V349000 but im not sure if it is covered under the same recall. I contacted the dealer and they are being uncooperative in trying to resolve this issue it leaks right where the fuel goes into the gas tank from the filler tube around the check valve assembly.

- Hemet , CA, USA

Sep 302014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

Fuel inclet is off I never know when there is fuel in the vehicle also smell fuel. This issue has caused me to run out of fuel on the expressway! could cause a future fire! please assist me in this matter I can't afford the repair or a new car!

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 242015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the VIN was not included in the recall. After refueling, the contact noticed a fuel smell and observed a fuel leakage. The contact inspected the tank and found that the neck of the tank was leaking and the fuel tank was fractured. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 161,000.

- Bardstown, KY, USA