2003 Buick Rendezvous seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Rendezvous:

2003 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Nov 062014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

Bought my Rendezvous a few months ago and have had problems. My side air bags deployed with the previous owner for unknown reasons causing him injury to his ribs. They were never replaced by manufacturer. When I first got my car I filled up the tank. Bad idea! I came out the next morning and smelled a strong odor of gas and was missing a quarter tank. My boyfriend looked underneath and said it was leaking between the fill tube and the actual tank. My mechanic said there is no way to patch this and the only way to fix it would be to replace the whole thing. Approximately costing $1000. He also said changes are this will be recurring because it's a common problem with this make/model. So now I only put a half tank in my gas tank but I've noticed a smell of gas inside and outside of the vehicle. When I first bought my car the next day my car wouldn't start. I had a dead battery. My interior lights never turned off. Again, to repair this electrical problem would have been expensive. I ended up taking the sensor out, so now I have no inside lights at all.

- Cortland, OH, USA

Jun 022012

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that while at the stop light, another vehicle failed to yield the right of way and crashed into the contact's vehicle from the front. The driver and passenger side frontal air bags failed to deploy. The contact and passenger sustained injuries to the shoulder, neck and elbow. The rear passenger sustained injuries to the face. The vehicle was towed to a tow yard for further investigation. The police department was called and a report was filed. The failure and the current mileage was 130,000.

- Youngstown, OH, USA

Dec 292003

While driving at 35 mph consumer lost the ability to steer the vehicle. Then, consumer lost control of the vehicle and collided with a median divider. Consumer was wearing a seat belt, but the air bags did not deploy. Consumer sustained minor injuries.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 172003

The consumer received a recall notice from the manufacturer but the dealer didn't have the parts available to perform the recall.

- Houston, TX, USA