8.3

1. replace power window motor (8 reports)
  3. replaced window actuator clips (2 reports)
2003 Buick Rendezvous windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick Rendezvous:

2003 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Sep 162011

Rendezvous CXL

Love this vehicle but WTH ??!! All 4 quit working ! Fuses are good so what now??

- , Pell City, AL, USA

Mar 092011

Rendezvous CXL

I have had issues with all 4 windows and had to replace whatever it is that makes them go up and down with all of them. Again this car is junk.

- , Holland, MI, USA

Aug 232010

Rendezvous LX

This is the third of the four windows this has happened to..The first time it happened was at about 40000 miles. This is just ridiculous, and they wont recall this. Everyone that I tell that I drive a rendezvous, the first thing they ask is have I had window problems. Buick might have got me with this piece of crap, but never ever again. They need to do something about this. We pay way to much for these cars for this to happen. To beat it all tonight the third(driver back seat) window went out while I was taking my husband out for his birthday. I AM DONE WITH BUICK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to man up and recall this and fix these windows. Hello Buick obviously there is a problem with your windows. Read all the complaints. All three of my windows just stopped working with no warning...........unacceptable!!!!

- , Aberdeen, MS, USA

Feb 012009

Rendezvous CX 3.1L

Not only did the motor and regulator go bad, the whole part broke due to it being mostly plastic, What a joke that they wont recall these!! Buick is a vehicle I will never ever own again, not to mention GM all together due to there lack of thinking about the working class and the ability to work with the working class who would enjoy being able to use the stupid windows.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Oct 012008

Rendezvous CX 3.1L

I would never buy another one since the dealer wont recall the regulators due to it being a common problem not to mention they still dont have the regulator to buy as after market. They sure know about the money pit problems and want to bleed the consumer dry!

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 172007

Rendezvous CX 3.4L V6

Replaced driver and passenger window motors. Rear passenger starting to make noise like the two I replaced. I've stopped rolling them down.

- , Lakewood, CO, USA

Jan 012008

Rendezvous 3-2

Dealer couldn't recommend any inexpensive fix. Window switch drivers side won't go up consistently. but does go down...and takes multiple attempts to close.

- , Chassell, MI, USA

Dec 152007

Rendezvous CXL V6

Clips broke had to tape window up intill I could find new clips. Dealer stated could not order clips alone would have to order acc. $200.00. Bull&#@% Found clips online for about $30.00 Then to top it off got everything back together and window would not go up motor broke once again spoke with dealer $200.00. Bull found motor on line $50.00 window will roll up now But will not roll down think switch is bad. Go figure

- , Lancaster, OH, USA

Jul 142006

Rendezvous LX 3.2L V6

Rolled the window up and heard both a big clunk and a snapping break type noise. The cheap plastic &#@&$@()SOB76009&$ clips on the actuater arm that supports the front passenger and driver windows will snap off when you raise the window full up and then drive it up a little more. The window falls down in the door and the motors will still actuate without the window. The dealers will quote entire motor actuator replacement. Just take the door panels off, find the two broken clips (2 per window), and then take them to the dealer for replacement. Cost me only $70 total for both clips and about 2.5 hours labor per window (not too difficult). Had to do this for both front windows.

- , Lorain, OH, USA

Oct 012007

Rendezvous CXL 3.4L V6

This is the 2nd window on this vehicle to have the window regulator break. It is going to be another $500 to have it fixed.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 032006

Rendezvous CXL 3.4L V6

The sorry part of the window motor breaking was that I had it looked at twice while it was still under warranty and they reported no problems. I was out of town on a trip and had to spend an extra day for a dealership to open before I could get it fixed.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 142007

Rendezvous

I won't have a huge complaint until I find out how much this will cost to repair. Oh- besides the fact that my driver side window was experiencing similiar symptons of the passenger window before it stopped working. So I hope the driver window won't have to be replaced, too.

- , Marietta, GA, USA

Oct 222006

Rendezvous CRW

I lowered the window (automatic) and it would not come back up. The motor in the door for the window broke. The whole motor had to be replaced.

- , Medina, OH, USA