2.2

2004 Buick Rendezvous engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Rendezvous:

2004 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Jul 042012

Rendezvous

Engine stops working with loss of all control, battery turns over but vehicle will not start. After approximately 1/2 hour engine starts. Drove to mechanic and no information availoable in computer. All data removed.. problem repeated at 70,00 miles 90,000 miles and at 150,000 miles. No mechanic could find any pronlem. First occurred when parking after a 50 mile drive. Next appeared at a stop light. Last apperared while slowing down at an intersection. Took vehicle off the road after the last incident. Feared for my life.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA

Jun 242015

Rendezvous

I purchased this car on June 23 and the next day it wouldn't start took it back to the dealership and they replaced the battery and the alternator said it was fixed but several hours later the car wouldnt start again took it back the next day and they said it was the air conditioner running while the car was off draining the battery so they took the fuse out and said they would fix it the next day but when I called to take my car to them I got no answer from them. Three days later the car overheated and I got it completely checked by a different mechanic to see why my car is running hot and he gave me a list of problems every head gasket is blown out and the motor is gone. He said that there was a recall a few years back on these types of Buick cars for the coolant and the wrong coolant was placed in the car and it messed up all head gaskets I immediately called the dealership but again no response I called the bank because I still have a 30 day tag and only had the car for two weeks but again no response I called Buick and spoke with someone to ask about the coolant recall and he said he would call me back in a hour and again no response. I asked for a carfax report and the dealership said they didn't have one but gave the couple behind me a carfax for their car the brakes and rotors are completely gone I cannot stop with my brakes I just have to coast so I want hit anyone this car will stall out on me without any warning. There has been no action taken from the bank or the dealership on how we can fix this problem they have all been ignoring and not responding to my calls texts or anything.

- Kannapolis, NC, USA

Apr 102015

Rendezvous 6-cyl

While driving at aprx 60 mph the car just died stalled no power had to man handle car to a stop with out getting into an accident almost like driving a bait car the car just shut down this is not the first time had to get towed car still wont start put key in all bells and whistles light up and sounds then nothing as if alarm cut off.

- Howell, NJ, USA

Aug 152014

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2004 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the vehicle stalled. Additionally, the contact stated that the brake pedal required excessive force in order to respond. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 05V157000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 29,500.

- Foresthill, NY, USA

Mar 062013

Rendezvous 6-cyl

I was driving the vehicle to an appointment and all of a sudden it thumbed when I moved from the light taking off not like it was shifting but as something was knocked in, then the lower light I turn on in the truck stopped working, the interior dash lights as well stopped on the 11 of March about 6 pm I was heading back in from out of town had to position my cell phone so I could see what speed I was going, the turning to the right knocks like something is about to fall off, and the to top it off the wiper from the back window leaks in the inside when I try to clean with fluid, the seat belt as well is not locking I and my on star it reads and talks as I tried to set up an account the system failed and my engine stalls as well the temperature gauge runs hot if I go in town and stop at the lights I checked the fluid and it is in their I called GM and they quote and quote say their was never a recall on my vehicle but I see online that their was why is it that they can't seem to locate any information I hate that I am always getting duped in with these vehicles and then I get more depressed and shut down and feel like all my funds mean nothing to any one.

- Aiken, SC, USA

Feb 272013

Rendezvous

Vehicle lost coolant secondary to "blown" lower intake manifold gasket. Gasket replaced, by certified GM dealer service center, engine continues to exhibit overheating. Multiple attempts to 'purge' cooling system to no avail. Vehicle in day 8 of "hospital stay" at this time.

- Livonia, MI, USA