1.7

2004 Buick Rendezvous fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Rendezvous:

2004 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Sep 132016

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2004 Buick Rendezvous. While the vehicle was being fueled, the fuel poured out onto the ground. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel tank failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 111,710.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Nov 182015

Rendezvous

Hello I need help if possible. Im leonard carothers, my wife and I are both disabled & on ssi disability, our problem is she was given a car from a son in law that was under a recall ( 2004 Buick rendevous ) the gas tank was on a safty recall and I took it to weisner Buick and because the tank was leaking and she is on oxygen and waiting for a double lung transplant, weisner would not honor the recall of over $ 900, dollars for a plastic tank ! so they said they would finance it for me ok so I had no choice my problem is I can only make the least payment that they will take and it never pays the price down so we will be paying on it the rest of our life, the recall was found on a GM website and says they will replace the tank no mater the age because it's a safty hazard, is there any hope of getting help with this matter ( leonard carothers, home # 936 264 4561 email leonardcarothers@consolidated.net please consider helping us with this problem,

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jan 012016

Rendezvous

Fuel tank leak campaign #07V349000 I was not notified about recall tank is now linking fumes and dealer and GM service claims past the 10 year replacement period. Is the 10 year period from time of recall start date or age of car? my car has less than 100,000 miles on it.

- Seminole, AL, USA

Feb 012016

Rendezvous

Recently the cabin is filling with the smell of gas fumes while at idle and filling at gas station. There is no service engine light coming on, indicating some sort of leak in the fuel entrance to the tank. There is a recall #06230 that directly relates to this, however I am told that my vehicle was made a little later and GM had determined the later produced vehicles did not have the problem that required the fuel tank to be replaced. I think this needs to be investigated further.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

Nov 012015

Rendezvous

Fuel tank leaking shortly after recall expired

- Conroe, TX, USA

Nov 072015

Rendezvous

Engine stops working with loss of all control, battery turns over but vehicle will not start. When I press on accelerator the car will start but when I stop at the stop light the car will stop. I am afraid to drive it in highway..

- Bloomington, MN, USA

Jul 042012

Rendezvous

Engine stops working with loss of all control, battery turns over but vehicle will not start. After approximately 1/2 hour engine starts. Drove to mechanic and no information availoable in computer. All data removed.. problem repeated at 70,00 miles 90,000 miles and at 150,000 miles. No mechanic could find any pronlem. First occurred when parking after a 50 mile drive. Next appeared at a stop light. Last apperared while slowing down at an intersection. Took vehicle off the road after the last incident. Feared for my life.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA

Jun 272015

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2004 Buick Rendezvous. After fueling the vehicle, the contact smelled a strong odor of fuel without warning. The failure recurred twice. A mechanic diagnosed that the fuel line was rusted out and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,000.

- Duck, NC, USA

Jun 122015

Rendezvous

Fuel lines were rusted, noticed and smelled gasoline. Was afraid that the car could catch on fire due the fact that the gas was leaking steadily. Had to change all 3 fuel lines from the fuel filter to the firewall, which my brother-in-law worked on it. He then noticed that the brake lines were rusty and requested that I have them checked out.

- Salamanca, NY, USA

Oct 042014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

When letting the car warm up in the morning, the car is overcome with a strong fuel smell, so much so that we had to roll down the windows when we entered the vehicle and while driving to air it out. This has continued fairly regularly, and is still as strong as before when it happens. I am even afraid of any spark because the smell is so strong.

- Graham, NC, USA

Oct 292014

Rendezvous

The contact owns a 2004 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that fuel was leaking from the vehicle onto the garage floor. The contact believed the failure was directly related to NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The dealer was made aware of the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 145,000.

- Villa Rica, GA, USA