2.0

2005 Buick Rendezvous accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Buick Rendezvous:

2005 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Mar 122014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

I started driving my car and a few blocks away my locks started to lock and unlock constantly and they would not stop. My seat moved on its own (has electric memory seating). The car started to shake like it was going to die. As soon as I came to a stop the car started to shake and would not accelerate. An "error" messages displayed under the non working speedometer where your miles usually show". came to another stop and tried to turn onto a street and the car would not accelerate and kept "jumping" all the while the locks were still locking and unlocking and my running daytime headlights kept flickering on and off. I'm lucky that the car didn't just quit with oncoming traffic. From what I read, it's the BCM and this causes major problems regarding the safety of the vehicle. Buick is aware and will not make a recall on this defective part. (a part that is supposed to last for the lifetime of the vehicle).. a part that has caused some drivers to lose power and headlights while traveling down highways! I'm taking my car into Buick tomorrow for a diagnostic (which I can't afford more problems with a car that cost $40K in 2005 and only has 81K miles on it!!) when they say luxury vehicle. I think Buick meant "luxury expense" just to own one! electrical issues shouldn't almost cause an accident or injury!

- Crystal Lake, IL, USA