2006 Buick Rendezvous drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Buick Rendezvous:

2006 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Sep 052011

This vehicle is a joke. I've had the ball joints worked on, gear shift (suddenly wouldn't change gears anymore), the transmission pump needs replacing, and when I drive, specifically if I turn or have to go over a speed hump, or over a small dip, there's a loud pop and lots of creaking even though the tire rod, ball joints and wheel bearings were replaced. After they were replaced, everything was quiet. About a year later, I'm hearing noises again. I've just grown accustomed to the fact that my car is loud. I know not to buy another Buick.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 222015

I have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous that I paid $11,000. For having it for 2 years now I have trans problems at 93,000 miles with the transmission. Started not shifting into 4th gear, had the 3/4 shift sensor replaced same thing, then had the pressure control sensor replaced same thing. Looked up consumer complaints and see page after page of people having the same issues right at 92,000. Apparently this is an issue. Now the dealer wants another $5000. To replace it. I have a lemon and I want it fixed or replaced. That's $16,000 for a $9,000 car. Really come on GM step up your game. My family depends on this car and without it we could lose everything. I am disabled and a vet of the us marine corps.

- Commerce, MI, USA

Jul 172012

I plugged my cell phone into the car charger in the front console. When I returned to the car after about 15 minutes, it was filled with smoke that was coming out of the car charger. I immediately unplugged the charger. I tried to start the car and it was completely dead. After examining the fuses, I noticed that the one for the charger as well as the one for the interior lights was completely melted. After further research it was discovered that the wiring harness under the dash was completely melted - had I not gone out when I did, the car probably would have caught fire. This should never have happened - there should be safety features int he vehicle to cut the power to the charger immediately if there is a short. It was towed to the dealer last night. They are claiming this is not covered by warranty though this is obviously a problem with the Rendezvous. Besides this - the check engine light has been on twice, the transmission is about to go, the alarm system never worked as well as the remote start. They sold me a vehicle with known issues and don't want to stand behind it. I don't think I will ever buy a Buick again.

- Macedon, NY, USA

Dec 222010

Rendezvous 6-cyl

2006 buck Rendezvous with 55,212 miles had front wheel bearings go bad. Cost was over $300 each to replace the front bearing assembly. GM and buck refused to cover the cost.

- Fairborn, OH, USA

Jun 012008

There is a noise from the engine compartment when the transmission is shifted from forward to reverse and back. There is a growl coming from the rear differential when the differential is warmed up and a turn is made at any speed. According to a mechanic, all these problems are due to drive/power train looseness. While there has not been an accident yet, it appears that one is likely.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 082007

The contact owns a 2006 Buick Rendezvous. The contact heard a grinding sound and the brakes became hard when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they replaced the front and rear brakes. Shortly afterward, the automatic transmission, wiring for the all-wheel drive, wiring for the speed sensors, and the rear tie rods were all replaced between 17,500 and 22,000 miles. The rear driver's side door also fell off the vehicle and was re-adjusted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer at least once a month for failed components. The failure mileage was 17,542 and current mileage was 23,126.

- Terre Haute, IN, USA