5.7

2012 Buick Verano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Buick Verano:

2012 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Dec 102015

Verano

Brought car from carmax they sold me a car with a messed up motherboard whenever onstar comes through the car it put the car in cruise control about 50 or less mph. It stays on 24/7 and now its draining my battery and now the car completely cuts off while im driving or it wont even start.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Aug 112016

Verano

I was at a stop sign and when it was my turn to go I started to drive and realized my car was not accelerating, I had the gas peddle all the way to the floor as a tractor trailer was fastly approaching my rear bumper, luckly I was able to coast to median. Took to dealer and they said there was a switch that needed to be replaced. My entire dashboard lights and radio went out, which dealership had to replace twice. My car shut off while pulling into a parking spot, it was raining and defrost was not working, took to dealership which they stated it was my battery, paid $200 for a new battery. My car jerks and stalls when I am going from a complete stop and begin to pick up speed. I was backing out a parking spot today and my car shut off and the check engine light came on, I restarted my car which the check engine light remains on and the stalling and jerking continues. These issues can cause a major accident and if severe enought can be life threatening. If I am required to hold up my end of the bargain by paying my car note the manufacturers need to be held accountable for their end of the bargain which is providing their buyers with a secure and reliable vehicles for families.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Sep 252014

Verano 4-cyl

I was driving an had to stop or slow down when I go to accelerate again my car cuts off. I sit there and turn key to turn back on it does but if I don't push down on gas to accelerate quickly it will stall again for the last five days it has done this several times. I called on star to hear what the problem could be but they informed me that I could still drive my car but see a dealer soon. I live quite a distance from my job so I need a car to go to work. I have missed some days because cutting off on 95 South is not fun and can't be speeding on expressway either on I will get a ticket. Please let someone from GM check for this problem in other cars. I am at dealer now praying this issue can be resolved. Thanks

- Edgewood, MD, USA

Oct 182012

Verano 4-cyl

While driving at 65 mph in the right lane of a 4-lane divided highway, my engine quit, and all gauges went dark. I had steering, brakes, turn signal and hazard lights, and telephone. I was losing speed, and was unable to accelerate. However, I was able to coast to the shoulder of the highway. I was not able to restart the car. I put on the hazard lights and used my cell phone to call the dealer. After 10 - 15 minutes of waiting, I was able to restart the car. A representative from the dealer had just arrived and followed me to the dealership. They kept the car overnight. They could not duplicate the episode, so they reset the computer. I am suspicious that the computer activated the engine immobilizer feature. The engine stall was preceded by several instances of the intellilink screen going dark, as though the light bulb had burned out.

- West Burlington, IA, USA