4.7

2013 Buick Verano miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Verano:

2013 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Sep 132016

Verano

While at a stop sign/light (stationary) the vehicle will move forward on it's own. I will have my foot firmly on the brake and it moves. It does it at random. I have taken it to Buick and even contacted corporate about this and now am at a stand still. Buick stated that because there is no recall, no error codes, and they can't duplicate the issue they don't know how to fix this problem. I am stuck with a vehicle that has a safety issue. My major concern is that it may only be moving about a foot now but later will it just keep going causing me to be in an accident.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 102016

Verano

The car only has 20,000 miles on it. I went to the grocery and drug store which is only 4 miles from my home. I pulled into the garage and noticed the fan was running (engine fan) hard. But assumed it was normal for any car to cool down the engine. I went in the house and the fan had stopped on the car. I had to go back into the garage about 10 minutes later and the car fan was on again! a blowing full blast. I opened the door of the car, looked at the dash, saw my fan for the air in the car was at the highest level, turned that down but the car fan outside continued to run. I ran into the house, got my keys and locked the car which turned off the engine fan. My concern is that if this happened and continued to run, my house is an attached garage, it could easily have started a fire. I have called GM and I am waiting on a call back but I concerned not only for my welfare but everyone. I have never seen a car do this. I do not have on star nor sirrus activated so it isn't like someone could have done something remotely.

- Bay Village, OH, USA

Jul 292015

Verano

A/C would not engage, blew only hot air (hotter than outside air), for about 15 minutes. While parked I switched system on/off several time, adjusted temprature control up/down, and restarted the vehicle several time to no avail. A/C engaged after driving a couple miles (~five minutes). The outside temprature was 95deg and the car had been parked for several days.

- Macclenny, FL, USA

Mar 072014

Verano

Steering)- the steering wheel seems to "stick" at speeds from 40 mph and upwards to 80 mph. Steering seems to have fluid, non-catching motion while driving short distances, however, after driving long distances, or more often than usual throughout the day, the wheel seems to stick, and takes more effort than usual to steer in the intended direction. Vehicle stays straight for awhile, but veers off like normal, but to steer vehicle to remain in lane is when the sticking occurs mostly. Issue may intertwine with next incident involving the front right axle seal. Other)- 5/19/2014, mileage 25727 - took vehicle to a dealership who stated that the front passenger axle seal is leaking and recommended taking to nearest GM dealership for warranty repair. GM dealership stated that the axle seal wasn't leaking, but was just "wet." Returned to first dealership a few months later who stated the same axle seal leaking issue, GM dealership stated the axle seal was wet. I fear that the failure to acknowledge, and repair, the leaking axle seal could be a result of the steering wheel sticking. Failure to repair could also lead to part malfunction/failure which could lead to vehicle crashing. Engine) - engine seems to always run loud, like the fan is on high for climate control, even when climate control is off. GM dealership stated it was a fan to cool the engine down, and runs when car is driven for a long period of time. I hear it all the time, and the vehicle seems to be hotter than what would be expected to be coming from that area. Uncomfortable heat is how I would describe it. Engine always runs loud currently at 48,000 miles, regardless of driving period. Fire danger could be a risk.

- Kendallville, IN, USA

Nov 182014

Verano

At start of car blower heater didnt come on or blow first heavy snow.

- Washington, DC, USA