2014 Buick Verano drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Buick Verano:

2014 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Jun 082015

My wife and I were travelling South on I-95 in philadelphia in our 2014 Verano T w/keyless ignition. I was driving, and reached up with my right hand to adjust the center left vent. After adjusting the vent, I noticed that the A/C had turned off, and that the tachometer had fallen to zero. I then realized that I must have brushed against the start/off button (located next to the vent) and inadvertently turned the engine wife (who drives the car more than myself) had previously related to me that she had accidentally shut the car off twice before on neighborhood streets, so I quickly asked her how she had managed to start the car again. She said that she had to pull over, put it in park, and push the start button. Well, since we were doing about 60 on I-95 in heavy traffic and in an area without shoulders on either side, this was going to be no mean trick and possibly suicidal. I tried to start the car by putting it into neutral and pressing the start button, but this only resulted in the gauge needles sweeping from left to right and the car did not restart. With no viable alternative, I put the flashers on and managed to maneuver through the traffic to the far right lane.saying a prayer, I then brought the car to a stop in the speeding traffic, put it in park, and restarted it. It was truly a miracle that we weren't rear-ended during this ordeal. When our breathing had returned to normal, I asked my wife to check the owner's manual (which I had read) for any procedure to restart the car under the circumstances that we had just experienced and she reported that there was none.between the two of us we have 92 years of driving experience and I consider myself an enthusiast. Our opinion is that the start/off button is in a bad place, unprotected, too sensitive, and that touching it accidentally causes unwanted engine shut down with inadequate warning to the driver.

- Philadelpia, PA, USA

Jan 022012

Verano 4-cyl

From a stop, start to accelerate slowly into a right turn the steering wheel (or front right wheel) starts to vibrate or wobble. Vehicle now has 2000 miles and the problem is ongoing. The vibration can be felt in the drivers seat.

- Bladenboro, NC, USA

Jan 122015

Verano 4-cyl

From a stop start to accelerate into right turn right front wheel starts to wobble and tremors is felt in steering wheel. Wobble not felt in quick acceleration only in gradual acceleration. It has become progressively worse over the last 5000 miles. Took it to GM dealer. Say they could not feel problem. Took technician for a ride and duplicated problem several times. Technician S says he feels tremor does not know what is causing problem. The problem is definitely coming from right cv axle when power is initially applied to right wheel. Vehicle has been in shop four days no solution to problem.

- Kemp, TX, USA

Mar 152013

Verano 4-cyl

Second complaint, sway or wobble from right tire at or between 15 and 20 mph when shifting from 1st yo 2nd.GM was in touch with dealership and it was told to me that all 2014 Buick Veranos have this.they said this is normal operation of the vehicle. What was told to me just not make sense.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA