2014 Buick Verano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Buick Verano:

2014 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Mar 312015

The contact owns a 2014 Buick Verano. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle shut off. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 23,000.

- Monroe , WI, USA

Jun 082015

My wife and I were travelling South on I-95 in philadelphia in our 2014 Verano T w/keyless ignition. I was driving, and reached up with my right hand to adjust the center left vent. After adjusting the vent, I noticed that the A/C had turned off, and that the tachometer had fallen to zero. I then realized that I must have brushed against the start/off button (located next to the vent) and inadvertently turned the engine wife (who drives the car more than myself) had previously related to me that she had accidentally shut the car off twice before on neighborhood streets, so I quickly asked her how she had managed to start the car again. She said that she had to pull over, put it in park, and push the start button. Well, since we were doing about 60 on I-95 in heavy traffic and in an area without shoulders on either side, this was going to be no mean trick and possibly suicidal. I tried to start the car by putting it into neutral and pressing the start button, but this only resulted in the gauge needles sweeping from left to right and the car did not restart. With no viable alternative, I put the flashers on and managed to maneuver through the traffic to the far right lane.saying a prayer, I then brought the car to a stop in the speeding traffic, put it in park, and restarted it. It was truly a miracle that we weren't rear-ended during this ordeal. When our breathing had returned to normal, I asked my wife to check the owner's manual (which I had read) for any procedure to restart the car under the circumstances that we had just experienced and she reported that there was none.between the two of us we have 92 years of driving experience and I consider myself an enthusiast. Our opinion is that the start/off button is in a bad place, unprotected, too sensitive, and that touching it accidentally causes unwanted engine shut down with inadequate warning to the driver.

- Philadelpia, PA, USA

Sep 162014

While driving at approx 70 mph my knee bumped the key/ignition and the car turned off. I believe the key actually turned in the ignition. This appears to be the result of the combination of the location of the ignition switch, the design of the key fob and the key chain and tag that the rental car company uses. I was driving on the interstate in moderately heavy traffic. I had the cruise control engaged so my foot was not pressing the accelerator. I had the sole of my shoe flat on the floor and my knee bent. I was approximately 3 hours into a long trip and idly shifted my position. Somehow the key chain, fob, 2nd key and tag had aligned in such a way that my knee was able to bump them and apply rotational leverage in such a way as to turn the key from on to off. Fortunately, I was in the left lane on a relatively flat/straight section of interstate and there was a wide paved shoulder. I put on my flashers, moved onto the shoulder and was able to steer and brake well enough to stop the car safely. I was then able to restart the car and continue. I have pictures available of the key fob/chain arrangement.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Apr 052014

This is my second complaint. My wife forgot to press the stop engine button again because of a distraction. As a result she burned a quarter tank of gas while she was gone from the vehicle. Why is there not a safety shut off like the ten minute shut off in remote start mode" if this was in my integral garage I could be dead from carbon monoxide. Is this another shove it under the rug like the GM key scandal. Since so many vehicles are going to this technology why hasn't this been looked at? my wife is only 61 and in good health. What of the older folks with problems to do"

- Butler, PA, USA