2013 Cadillac ATS brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac ATS:

2013 Cadillac ATS Owner Comments

Jan 282015

Cadillac Ats 2013 continues to stall and turn off causing loss of steering of vehicle. This has been in the shop 4 times for repair, and vehicle has still been stalling.

- Beverly Hills, CA, USA

Feb 052014

I have had 4 recalls on my Ats since purchase June 2013. Starting 2/5/14 with only 3308mi taken the car in several times for squeaking sound when backing out of my garage complained after fourth visit with the same complaint and listening to the dealer to say that was normal final on 5th visit on 12/10/14 7960mi final solve the problem. Several complaints about when back windows are roll down there is a loud squealing sound that hurts your ear and distract your driving again I was told that was normal how can that be normal when you can't roll back window down for fresh air. All so complained about losing radio signal on several occasions penske reprogrammed. Replaced weather strip around front doors driver& pass side 8/20/14 6521mi. Several complaints about how rough the engine runs when stop at red light on 12/10/14 reprogrammed engine. Is there any safety station I can take my car for safety check. I am afraid to even drive this car on the freeway at high speed. I paid over $37,000 the car has been in the shop more than the previous car I was driving which was 2001 Buick Lesabre. I don't feel that penske Cadillac is being honest with problem I was told that the loud noise from driving is coming from exhaust system. Please advise on where I can go to get a second opinion without voiding my warranty. What is the lemon law regarding these issues? I really don't feel that I brought a new car by all the trouble this car is giving me. Back and forth for repairs.

- Gardena, CA, USA

Feb 012014

Turned car off. Started 5 mins later moved just a couple miles and hour and power steering and power brakes went out. Turned car off and worked after that.

- West Warwick, RI, USA

Jan 102014

ATS 6-cyl

The collision avoidance system activated while at freeway speed, however there were no cars or obstructions ahead of my car. The brakes were automatically applied, the collision warning appeared on the hud, and the car rapidly decelerated. Had there been a vehicle behind me, there would certainly have been a serious collision. I had just passed a semi-truck and thought maybe a reflection from the truck may have activated the system, but I had completed the passing maneuver before the car braking activated. Took the car to the dealer on 4/4 but they reported no problems with the system. This seems a serious safety issue that needs to be addressed.

- Albany, OR, USA

Mar 122014

ATS 4-cyl

Hello, I have a 2013 Cadillac Ats 2.0T AWD and I have been having serious issues with the car stalling and idling roughly. It has stalled on my three times already since I got the car in October, and I have taken it in for service on two different occasions for that same issue. Each time they kept the car for three days to try and replicate the issue with no answers for me except "make sure you bring it in next time it happens". I no longer feel safe driving the car especially since the last time it happened I was driving 25mph in heavy traffic, and I narrowly avoided getting rear-ended.

- Keego Harbor, MI, USA

Jan 092013

I have two issues to report that may be a safety concern: 1) there have been multiple times when driving in wet conditions (rain/snow) where I will get a 'power steering failure' warning. When this happens the power steering does one of two things. It either almost locks up and becomes extremely hard to turn the wheel, or it will still move easily, but it won't auto center when making turns. I have reported this to the dealer and they said it was a bad steering angle sensor. They replaced the sensor but the issue is not resolved and now that it's snowing it's happening more and more consistently. 2) there have been 3 cases where I was driving and coming to a stop and the car will just randomly shut down. I lose all ability to steer (since it's electric steering) and brake. This stall is different then a stall associated misuse of the clutch. The clutch has been pressed in all the way in when this happens and the car doesn't shutter like a clutch stall, just totally shuts down quietly. Luckily there has not been an accident yet, but if this happens when there are multiple cars around me it will be difficulty to avoid one.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Apr 122013

While decelerating to make various turns or stop at an intersection the vehicle shuts off with no warning. Also the steering and brakes become hard. On one occasion while merging onto the highway it occurred again, almost causing me to crash into a vehicle then lose control.

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 242013

ATS 4-cyl

I was pulling in to a parking spot behind a car at a very low speed when I pressed the brakes for the car to stop, instead it accelerated and smashed in to a car in front of me. I tried pressing the brakes harder in order to avoid the impact and the car did not respond.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA