2014 Cadillac ATS electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Cadillac ATS:

2014 Cadillac ATS Owner Comments

May 252016

The car fails to audibly indicate to the driver that the turning signals have been engaged. Instead of a click, chime, or other indicator, there is silence. The result is that the driver does not have feedback from the vehicle indicating / verifying that that a turn signal has been engaged. The driver may become distracted and may not know when/if a turn signal has been triggered. The turn signal indicator seems to be connected to the radio system. Thus, when the radio system faults (which often occurs on this model), these turn signal indicators also fail. The failure will occur randomly when stationary and driving at surface and highway speeds.

- Moutain View, CA, USA

Oct 152015

Stated recall was to "repair" the automatic shut off of the rear window defogger/defroster. It was supposedly resolved by deactivating the shut off mechanism. Supposedly, if the automatic shut-off did not activate, the contacts could fail and there could be a fire. My concern is what happens now if I forget to shut off the defroster/defogger. In the manual it says the system was timed for a set time, then would shut off. Then the automatic control supposedly would turn the defroster/defogger back on but for a shorter interval. To me that means, the time factor is important and probably was there to prevent a fire. My contact with GM's service center had a number of requests in priority order. Those further down my list were wild ideas to put my mind totally at rest about driving such a car. None of my requests were granted. Below are in priority order what I requested. !. persons who brought in the car for the recall should be reminded that the system was no longer automatic and they should be mindful of the need to shut off the system. 2. a card or memory stimulating decal be provided to serve as a reminder to shut off the "automatic system". 3. that GM provide assurances to owners that this work around system was an effective way or resolving the problem and not cause a potential fire. Now my selfish requests. 4. GM guarantee me that if a fire did occur as a result of this issue they would cover all repairs. 5. most selfish: GM allow me to opt out of my lease so I didn't have to worry about the whole issue. (I know that would never happen, but I thought it would exert some pressure to get the top ones done at least

- Washington Township, MI, USA

Sep 092015

My 2014 Cadillac Ats was recalled due to faulty auto rear window defogger. I took my vehicle to local Cadillac dealer and they disconnected the auto defogger. They said that this was the fix ordered by GM. I can now operate my rear defogger manually only. My auto option no longer works. I called GM to see if they would reimburse me for taking away my use of this feature in my car. They said they would not. GM stated that this was a permanent fix for this faulty feature was to disconnect it. So if you can look into this matter if would be greatly appreciated. GM should repair the faulty part or reimburse all who are affected by this recall.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Mar 292014

The contact owns a 2014 Cadillac Ats. While idling, the vehicle's back-up camera flickered on and off and the front driver side seat fractured. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,662.

- Alpine, AL, USA

Feb 252014

ATS 4-cyl

While driving the car at about 15 to 20 miles an hour the car came to a complete stop. There was a total shut down of the electrical system. The emergency blinkers could not be engaged, the car could not be shifted. The car was towed into the shop, the dealer advised me the engine failed and a new engine was put into the car by the dealer. We have owned the car for two months.

- Marietta, GA, USA