2004 Cadillac CTS-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac CTS-V:

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Owner Comments

Sep 022015

I took my car in to the dealer to have other recalls handled and was informed my brake hose fittings were rusted and should be replaced. Upon researching the issue I found NHTSA campaign number: 15V225000 / GM recall 15149. This seems to be the same issue detailed in the recall, however I was told the recall is not applicable to me. My car falls within the date range from the recall, but is not in one of the listed states. It seems clear to me that I am suffering this issue due to the same defect, and I suspect my vehicle was inspected for this issue due to the recently issued recall, however I am not being covered because I live in northern Virginia and not ~10 miles away in Maryland or DC. The weather in my location is more or less identical to the District of Columbia (in fact, the suburbs often get more snow), and I drive my vehicle year round (including trips in md/DC/wv) encountering road salt when applied, which is the stated reason for the corrosion. I am unaware of the vehicle's history but for all I know if could have spent most of the 7 years prior to my ownership in one of the listed states from the recall. I feel this recall should be extended to all vehicles in areas which experience snow that show the listed issue.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Jun 082012

I was travelling at night on I-95 in Florida at 70mph w/cruise control engaged. Vehicle suddenly fell out of 6th gear and engine over-revved to red-line causing engine to shut off completely (as it is designed to do) - resulting in sudden loss of vehicle speed, total loss of power steering and power brakes. I managed to guide vehicle safely to shoulder of road (only because traffic was light). I collected my thoughts and got vehicle re-started as normal. I continued on my trip but without using cruise control. Vehicle fell out of 6th gear several more times (and a countless number of times since the original incident), but I was able to prevent engine over-rev & shut-down by not using the cruise control feature. There is a transmission issue with this vehicle (see numerous internet complaints) and, given circumstances described above, I feel there should have been a safety recall on this vehicle a long time ago. Vehicle is equipped with a tremec T-56 manual transmission. Since first incident, I have taken vehicle to Cadillac dealerships. Some repairs were made, but none have solved the problem. Have also taken vehicle to authorized tremec service dealer - more repairs made. Problem still persists. Have scheduled another service repair visit to tremec dealer. Vehicle currently has 99,000 miles on it. Since vehicle is out of warranty, I have spent approximately $3,500 on this problem to date with no resolution to the problem.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA