2003 Cadillac CTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Cadillac CTS:

2003 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 132012

CTS 6-cyl

As I was driving down the highway, the stability control light came on, then the brakes seemed to jerk a little and the car lost most of it's power. I had a mechanic test it, and they said they couldn't find a reason for it. The stability control light stayed on, but I didn't seem to have the problem again until about 2-3 months later when I was going 70 down the highway, lost all power and the motor shut down. Cadillac would not restart, had to have it towed over 2 hours back home, only to find that this time the timing belt had broken and the motor is blown since these cars have interference motors which causes the valves to get bent when the timing belt breaks. I am now without a vehicle and was almost in 2 accidents due to this. Another issue is the light cover from the lights on the trunk came off in the car wash and broke. Apparently this is a known issue yet Cadillac refuses to fix it. Their adhesive was not strong enough to hold on the plastic. This was my first Cadillac, and will be my last. They are dangerous and they refuse to fix their failures.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Jan 252013

I was driving down the highway and all of a sudden the vehicle lost all power. I was almost hit by the cars behind me. The timing belt had broken, and the motor is now blown due to the valves being bent. This was not only dangerous for me and my family, but is very very costly. I had previous issue with the vehicle losing power once while driving, also almost got into accident, but the mechanic could not find the cause. This was about 3 months earlier. It only happened on the highway going between 60 - 70 mph. This is so dangerous! I was over 2 hours from home, and had to pay a ridiculous amount to have the vehicle towed back home.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Mar 152006

The contact owns a 2003 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the engine compartment emitted smoke. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the valve cover gasket would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred and the vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the valve cover gasket was replaced a second time. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000.

- Pittsford, NY, USA