4.3

2005 Cadillac CTS wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Cadillac CTS:

2005 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Aug 092011

CTS 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Cadillac Cts. The contact was driving 40 mph when a loud rumbling was heard from the front driver side tire. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where the dealer advised that there was not a problem with the tires. The contact continued to drive the vehicle with the rumbling sound. The vehicle was taken toa second dealer who advised that the hubs were misplaced on the rear drive wheel. The dealer would not replace the hubs and suggested the contact take the vehicle back to the initial dealer. The vehicle was repaired. The contact then took the vehicle to a third dealer and was advised that the vehicle was unsafe to drive due to the bent wheels and the worn tires. The contact called the manufacturer regarding the failure and they stated there was nothing they could do due to assist because the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The failure mileage was 73,075. Updated 12/12/11

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 302010

CTS 6-cyl

Less than a year ago we purchased our 2005 Cadillac Cts from Cadillac of turnersville, NJ. I just recently noticed a shimmy while driving and decided to inspect the tires and found that both front tires have a large bubble in the outer sidewall. The tires are Goodyear / Eagle rs-a P225/55R16 94H. I looked online and noticed a large recall on Goodyear / Eagle rs-a tires with sidewall failure noted and would like to now report the issue with ours and see what we need to do to have the tires recalled and replaced as soon as possible, as I am not able to safely drive the car until we replace them. We have a newborn son and get very nervous at the thought of what could have happened if I hadn't paid the close attention to the mild shimmy as soon as I did. Please help. Thank you, your assistance in this matter is much appreciated.

- Pine Hill, NJ, USA

Jun 012005

CTS

Customer purchased a Cadillac with runflat tires and the tires were bad and customer wants Goodyear to give him another set of tires* the consumer had run flat tires on his vehicle.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Mar 312006

CTS 8-cyl

Several rear end differential failures. 1 at 4000 miles, the second at 8000 miles. And the third is loud and makes noises from the day I got it back. GM tried to void and not cover the rear end so I had to take it to another state for them to fix it for me. They just start out quiet and then get louder and louder and louder. The last one died with my family in the vehicle at 40 mph durring regular driving. Rear locked up then broke up in half. It killed the driveshaft and several other parts when it locked up. I have had 20+ GM cars in my lifetime and this one is the worst built rear end ever. If I tried, I bet I could kill it in one full throttle launch. But, of coarse wont try that cause it will break.... also, needed a wheel alignment, clutch update, and several other things done. The radio acts funny and paint on one button is comming off, and my head liner lights dont work. Also I have had to replace all 4 tires 2 times already with factory replacements and I only have 10,000 miles on mine"?"

- Warsaw, IN, USA

Jun 142005

CTS 8-cyl

Events leading to failure: No abuse, no tire burning. Vehicle used for commuting and job related purposes. Problems & resolutions: 7/11/2005 7/18/2005 problem shifting - dealer could not verify sunroof rattling - dealer could not verify right-rear sail panel broken - warranty repaired pixels burn on nav screen - nav unit replaced wheels scratched - dealer paid for repair front panel loose - replaced loose panel 7/25/2005 7/27/2005 left-rear panel broken - warranty repaired competition mode not working - warranty repaired dash panel loose - warranty repaired 8/22/2005 8/24/2005 wheel hop - service bulletin warranty repair hard to put in reverse - dealer says normal grinding when shifting - aligned exhaust system sunroof rattle - dealer could not verify sunroof material loose - warranty repaired 10/19/2005 10/23/2005 fuel gauge malfunction - warranty repaired 11/21/2005 11/23/2005 sunroof rattle - dealer could not verify drivetrain rough - dealer could not verify clunk when shifting - dealer could not verify car pulls to the right - tires bald @ 9000 miles battery failure - warranty repaired grinding in 5th gear - dealer could not verify 11/29/2005 12/1/2005 rattle from rear - warranty repair suspension right-rear panel broken - warranty repair; dealer warned this would not be covered under warranty anymore as "someone" is braking the panels on purpose 2/6/2006 2/8/2006 clunk from rear - dealer replaced differential/drivetrain unit under warranty. 5th gear sometimes hits reverse - could not verify grinding noise in reverse - dealer forgot to check unit won't play cds - replaced navigation/radio 2/15/2005 2/17/2006 grinding noise in reverse - dealer replaced transmission under warranty; area rep advised they will not replace future failures. Competition mode not working - warranty repaired.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 202005

CTS

I purchased a used 2005 Cadillac in Dec. 2005 with six thousand miles. At 12000 I took the car to a dealer because of front end vibration and he said the good year tires had flat spots and recommended that I put another brand of tires on the car. After two months Cadillac has only agreed to replace two tires and I pay for two. All four tires are bad. Cadillac and the dealer has tried to place fault with me but I have complied with all the warranty requirements. These are defective tires and Cadillac will not cover their warranty.

- Floyd, VA, USA