2008 Cadillac CTS brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac CTS:

2008 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Nov 062014

I was driving in a parking garage so my speed was about 5-10mph when the whole system shut down. The car stopped moving and all of the system warnings popped off (ABS, stabiltrack, engine). The car would not turn back on. I had it towed to the shop where I was told that it was an electrical problem. The PCM was replaced and I was told that the problem was fixed. Cost was approx $200. After the original system shut down, I was driving on an exit ramp to the interstate when once again the whole system shut down. All of the system warnings popped up and the car would not turn back on. The car was towed once again to the dealership where I was told that it wasn't the PCM and that they would have to charge me $265 to investigate the problem. The problem was said to be the electrical wiring on the drivers side from the front of the car to the back of the car. It was fixed for approx $800. Each of the system shut downs happened within 6 months of each other while operating the vehicle. This is very dangerous and makes me feel very unsafe about operating the vehicle. This needs to be investigated for the safety of drivers.

- Norwood , PA, USA

May 222011

CTS 6-cyl

I was driving and there was a nice day and the car just began to swerve out of control after the stability track light came on.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Dec 272011

CTS 6-cyl

On the morning of December 27, 2011 the stability trac system light came on indicating that it had failed. The car did not react properly and the steering wheel was uncontrollable leading to an accident. The car did a 360 and hit a guard rail. The stabilitrac was repaired just a month prior at a Cadillac dealership, but still operated incorrectly. This incident put my life at danger and has caused me to believe that the stabilitrac system was not fixed properly at all. A certified mechanic has taken a look at the car and confirmed that the stabilitrac system was dysfunctional. At this point, I don't feel comfortable driving the car, even after it's repaired. My business consists of me driving frequently and I fear that if I continue to drive the vehicle there is a possibility that the results could be worse if the system fails again.

- Decatur, GA, USA