2008 Cadillac CTS electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac CTS:

2008 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 112010

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated he received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 10V2400000 (electrical system). The contact was displeased with the remedy associated with the recall. He stated the manufacturer was offering a $100 reimbursement to disconnect the heated washer fluid and the contact stated the component cost much more than $100. The contact believed the remedy to be an unfair reimbursement. The failure and current mileages were approximately 25,000.

- Culloden , WV, USA

Jun 102009

CTS 6-cyl

6 months ago the contacts 2008 cadilac Cts started jumping forward and stopping. 4 weeks ago the vehicle jerked forward again in traffic and hopped a curb. The vehicle investigated by a cadilac dealer that said nothinig was wrong with the vehicle. Updated 1/14/10 updated 01/15/10.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Apr 162009

I own a 2008 Cadillac Cts with AWD. I bought it in December 2007. At around 7000 miles in mid-February 2009 my car would not start. The antitheft device was activated. A roadside assistance technician came out. He said it was a defective battery which he replaced. Three weeks later I tried to start the car & received a dashboard alert that the battery registered low voltage and could not be started. The car was towed to the dealer who worked on it for two days. They told me that "maybe" the computer was being turned on when the car was shut off. Their "maybe" answer made me feel they were just guessing. They told me they had corrected the glitch, charged the battery, told me the battery was fine & that the car should be fine now. Last night, April 15, 2009 at 10:00pm my dashboard alerted me that the battery was too low to start. I called roadside assistance who could not get it started either. On April 16, 2009 at 8:30am I had to have the car towed into the dealership again. The service technician again said my battery must have a defective cell. This is the same battery that they put into the car 6 weeks earlier that they said was "fine". I am now awaiting their "professional" diagnosis. Do you have any other complaints of this type on this vehicle" also do you know if this car can qualify as a lemon under federal & NJ lemon laws"

- Nutley, NJ, USA