8.9

2009 Cadillac CTS miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Cadillac CTS:

2009 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Jul 132016

CTS

I purchased my vehicle in April of 2016 and it ran fine. But as of late I have been experiencing some major problems with the functioning of the vehicle. To date a "service all wheel drive" illuminates on the dash as well as a "service stabilitrak" which causes the check engine light to illuminate and the engine to reduce power. I was on a highway where the speed limit is 65 mph and this occurred which almost cost me my life. I contacted my warranty company which was no help so I scheduled an appointment at a Cadillac dealer. I have been researching this issue for 2 months and have found forums online with car owners of GM vehicles experiencing the same issue. I have spent days reading the outcome but no one could say what caused the issue or what was fixed or corrected. The only thing everyone agreed upon was that said issue should be a recall to properly diagnose the problem. I have an appointment with a Cadillac dealer in the next week but feel they will not be of any help but have no choice at this point.

- Amherst, NY, USA

Apr 012014

CTS 6-cyl

I have found some recalls for this car by VIN.#, but when I enter it in GM recall site, they say there is no recalls. Mitchell and all data reported a passenger air bag module, no deployment problem. Heated windshield washer module can cause a possible fire. Rear tie rod nut can come loose and cause loss of vehicle control.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Dec 012012

CTS 8-cyl

2009 Cadillac Cts-V. consumer requests vehicle buy back per lemon law. The consumer stated the vehicle made a noise similar to driving over a bed of large rocks while backing up. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times, however, the problem continued.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

May 272010

CTS 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Cadillac Cts. The contact observed that the vehicle was not equipped with a safety assist gripping handles on the front passenger and driver side area. The manufacturer was notified and were unable to provide assistance. The contact had concern of the safety risk involved. The failure mileage was approximately 10,000. Updated 11/08/10 * bf updated 11/10/10

- Great Neck , NY, USA