2011 Cadillac CTS brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac CTS:

2011 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Mar 162015

CTS 6-cyl

Driving to work went to stop and vehicle pull to the side and would not stop normal. I drove the vehicle to the dealer and the reported right rear hub not sensing speed signal and needed to replace and not covered under my warranty. I see GM and Cadillac has had a lot of problems with this wheel hud and have recalled on other model years. These are $600 per wheel to replace and think that they should last longer than 39,000 miles. Would not want to have been driving at highway speeds when this fails.I contacted Cadillac and they would not repair without charge.

- Hull, MA, USA

Dec 212012

CTS 6-cyl

While driving home from work, approximately 35 miles into a 40-mile trip, my traction control warning light turned on. The driver information center (dic) indicated "service traction control, engine power reduced." The vehicle's power was then reduced, and I was unable to maintain my speed (approximately 52 mph), and my car slowed down due to a lack of power, and I was only able to achieve 40 mph. I pulled into a parking lot, turned the car off for about five minutes. I then restarted the car. The same warning light turned on and the dic showed the same information: "service traction control, engine power reduced." While I was attempting to complete my trip home, the warning light cleared, and the power in the car returned to normal. On 12/22/12 in the morning, I brought my car to my local dealership for normal maintenance and to have the above problem investigated. Nothing came of the investigation. On 12/26/12, again on my way home from work, about 39 miles into a 40-mile trip, the traction control warning light turned on, and the dic displayed the same information as before: "service traction control, engine power reduced." I immediately drove to the dealership. I ended up leaving the car there for two days and picked the car up on 12/28/12 evening. No problems were found. Later that evening, the same event occurred, this time about 52 miles into a 55-mile trip. This same event has occurred once more last evening (12/31/12), again on the way home from work. The message cleared once I parked the car and waited a least a few minutes to allow the computer to reset(?) the same event has occurred four times since 12/21/12, and my concern is that at some point the power might be reduced at a critical time during one of my trips. I searched you database, and unfortunately, there are no other reports of a similar nature.

- Pomfret Center, CT, USA