2012 Cadillac CTS drivetrain NHTSA complaints: Power Train

NHTSA — Power Train Problems

3.2

2012 Cadillac CTS drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac CTS:

2012 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Mar 312015

CTS

While driving the vehicle I have experienced issues with the automatic transmission issue when the vehicle shifts gears. The car will vibrate when attempting to shift gears and cause me to occasionally have to slow down or speed up in order for the transmission to shift into the next gear. The issue is reflecting in the RPM gauge, which when this problem occurs the rpms appear to bounce up and down until the gears fully engage. I have experienced this issue while attempting to merge onto the highway where the car will vibrate while upshifting and I will have to either let off of the gas pedal or push down more in order to make the issue stop. Shifting is far from smooth in this vehicle. Issue has been occurring since March of 2015 when I purchased the vehicle. I have already taken it to the local dealer, which I have been told Cadillac and GM are aware, but the dealer was advised not to conduct any repairs.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA