2012 Cadillac CTS lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac CTS:

2012 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Oct 192012

CTS 6-cyl

While driving on a road with many curves at approximately 40 mph, I went to turn on the bright lights by pushing lever on left side of steering wheel outwards the bright lights came on as intended but at the same time I apparently hit the switch which controls the lights in different positions. The bright lights went off and I was left with parking lights only and could not see at all. There was no road shoulder as it was only one lane in each direction. I reduced my speed to 4 or 5 mph and did not know what I had done to cause this. There is no lights on the steering column and I had to watch the road so carefully that I had no or little time to understand why the lights went out. A car came up behind me and with his lights I finally had time to look down and move the light switch to its proper position. It was a horrible experience and something needs to be done to prevent this from happening again.

- Temecula, CA, USA