2012 Cadillac CTS steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac CTS:

2012 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Jun 262014

CTS 6-cyl

As I approached a street from a store parking lot, I stepped on the brake but the car did not slow. As I saw I was not going to stop, I tried to steer the car to the right to try to avoid crossing into traffic. The steering wheel would not turn. I was going very slowly and saw the face of the driver of the car that hit me. That car hit my car twice. Once in the front left corner and then in left rear corner, as my car spun 90 degrees to the right from the first impact. Someone asked me if my car had turned off. I said I didn't know because the engine is so quiet. A responding sheriff's deputy told my husband the driver who hit me said he saw me looking at him and was sure I was going to stop. Later analysis by a Cadillac technician revealed error codes from the front wheel speed sensors. I have been told a wheel speed sensor malfunction can affect braking.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 102012

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that while driving in reverse and turning the steering wheel, the contact heard a knocking sound as the steering wheel began to shake abnormally. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis where he was informed that there was no remedy available for the failure. The manufacturer was notified but offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30 and the current mileage was 16,000.

- Green Well Springs, LA, USA