2013 Cadillac CTS drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac CTS:

2013 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Sep 072015

The car hesatates like it wants to cut off popping in the front end trottle body stable link the motor mount was broke they just fixed it. Cant beleive a 2013 needs these things already have been to cad 5 times and they claim they cant find the problem. Im very disappointed in this

- Holly Springs, MS, USA

Dec 302014

CTS 6-cyl

At 27K miles our 2013 Cts premium model developed a unique natural characteristic, the front wheels bind when turning. This natural characteristic is labeled as (stick/ slip) when making a right hand turn out onto a busy road I was almost broadsided by an oncoming dump truck and car. I pulled out onto the road and the car began to (stick and slip) hindering its forward movement. Had the left lane not been open for the oncoming traffic to swerve around me, I probably would not be writing this. The certified service tech at the dealership said the front wheels were binding. GM engineers said, " it is the natural characteristics of the car. The car is performing to GM standards. I was handed a NHTSA id #10043010 bulletin which specifically stated which cars and what suspension and tires could experience this. It also states this stick and slip condition would be noticed when the car steering is at full lock. No one makes a turn onto a road at full lock. My suspension is a FE5 with Goodyear Eagle rs tires. This suspension and tire combo is not part of this bulletin. If this is the natural characteristics of the car then why did it appear around 27K?" I believe this condition is very dangerous in spite of what GM claims. We are afraid to drive the car but have no choice because we can't afford to take a loss and purchase another model.

- Woodstown, NJ, USA

Aug 262014

CTS 6-cyl

My 2013 Cts has had a number of prior issues but at this time, I started the car, got into traffic and the vehicle just stopped running. It everything quit. I had no power to steering, brakes, lights. I coasted partway into a parking space I=on the side of the road but did not have enough momentum to fully pull into the space as I was headed up a slight incline. I was stuck with my rear end in traffic and no ability to move. I turned off the car and restarted and it started up. This is not the first issue as about half dozen times the car has refused to engage when I have turned the key. Nothing happens. No battery sound, nothing. I have called onstar several times to get confirmation of issues and they have not been able to detect an issue. I feel my life is at risk as well as others of the public and Cadillac customer service has just told me since there is no proof this happens and they cannot reconstruct it happening they cannot buy back the car. Already the motor fan had to be replaced, it has rolled back 4-5 feet while in drive it has refused to move when in drive, I put it back in neutral, back to drive and the transmission gave a huge clunk and it drove forward. The vehicle locked me in. I could not pull up the locks, could not open with the clicker, would not open with the window down and pulling on the exterior handle. I had to climb out the passenger side door. The car was giving off a raw gas smell when idling in the am. This may have been fixed as it has not done it lately. They must think I have nothing better to do than make up complaints about their product.

- Brattleboro, VT, USA

Sep 302013

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Cts. The contact was concerned of the vehicle being unable to change gears and the potential of the vehicle stalling intermittently. The manufacturer was unable to confirm if the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V394000 (electrical system: Ignition). The dealer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 092013

CTS 6-cyl

On 8/9/13 during a lane change on the highway under acceleration the car downshifted and the RPM went high and the car had no power and seemed to just coast. I let off the gas to let the engine rpms come back down and I checked the automatic shifter to make sure it was still in drive (and it was). When the engine rpms came down the power also came back to the wheels. I have experienced a random shudder in the car under light throttle when the automatic transmission is shifting (such as in traffic) both prior to and after this event. The dealer could not duplicate the problem during a test drive. On 5/3/14 I was backing up in a driveway upon starting the car and there were no power brakes. I pressed the brake pedal to the floor and did manage to stop the car. Once I lifted off of the brake pedal the power brakes seemed to work. This is another randomly occurring problem with this car. Upon driving the car immediately upon startup the power brakes do not seem to work for 30 seconds to a minute. I have had this problem randomly before this date (I noticed it before last winter) but it seems to be getting worse. Hopefully the dealer can duplicate this problem. On 5/6/14 I was driving on a side street and lost all engine power, power steering and power brakes. The dealer told me the engine seized up. The car had approx. 14,400 miles on it at the time of the 5/6/14 incident. The car is at the dealership now for repair. Updated 12/8/2014

- East Haven, CT, USA

Jun 202013

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact maneuvered the vehicle to the side of the road where the vehicle was able to be restarted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but the technician could not diagnose the failure. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufactured was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 400.

- Marcellus, NY, USA

Feb 262013

Unintended acceleration; vehicle accelerated backing out of driveway after placed in reverse without stepping on accelerator; brakes would not stop vehicle; vehicle collided into neighbor's truck which was parked across the street. The driver and passenger sustained neck and back injuries.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jan 052013

CTS 6-cyl

Extreme lose steering, way to lose cant feel the road, also the transmission is not shifting right it has a delay then shifts very hard. The car is very hard to drive.

- Staten Island, NY, USA