2013 Cadillac CTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac CTS:

2013 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Sep 072015

The car hesatates like it wants to cut off popping in the front end trottle body stable link the motor mount was broke they just fixed it. Cant beleive a 2013 needs these things already have been to cad 5 times and they claim they cant find the problem. Im very disappointed in this

- Holly Springs, MS, USA

Aug 262014

CTS 6-cyl

I had just filed a complaint on my Cts and thought I should add that it almost stalled out on a steephill with a major intersection, quit after I started it in my drive on a level ground. No stalling sound to give warning. I am sure there is more, but these are the easy ones. Again, Cadillac customer service said it the stopping in traffic only happened once, so not so bad!

- Brattleboro, VT, USA

Aug 072014

The supercharger was replaced for abnormal noise and function as per Cadillac tsb.the new supercharger which had a solid rather than 2 piece connector(isolator) resulted in a loud groan and vibration between 800 and 1100 RPM when in gear.Cadillac has acknowledged this groan/vibration and at first deemed it "normal".now they have restated their position and allege that their engineers are working on the problem. The dealer's service dept has been told not to attempt to work on a solution to the above.the new 2014 ctsvs which have the new superchargers have the same problem.the growl/vibration has become more intense and I worry about catastrophic engine failure. GM customer service reps have been less than helpful.this is yet another example of "caveat emptor".

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Aug 092013

CTS 6-cyl

On 8/9/13 during a lane change on the highway under acceleration the car downshifted and the RPM went high and the car had no power and seemed to just coast. I let off the gas to let the engine rpms come back down and I checked the automatic shifter to make sure it was still in drive (and it was). When the engine rpms came down the power also came back to the wheels. I have experienced a random shudder in the car under light throttle when the automatic transmission is shifting (such as in traffic) both prior to and after this event. The dealer could not duplicate the problem during a test drive. On 5/3/14 I was backing up in a driveway upon starting the car and there were no power brakes. I pressed the brake pedal to the floor and did manage to stop the car. Once I lifted off of the brake pedal the power brakes seemed to work. This is another randomly occurring problem with this car. Upon driving the car immediately upon startup the power brakes do not seem to work for 30 seconds to a minute. I have had this problem randomly before this date (I noticed it before last winter) but it seems to be getting worse. Hopefully the dealer can duplicate this problem. On 5/6/14 I was driving on a side street and lost all engine power, power steering and power brakes. The dealer told me the engine seized up. The car had approx. 14,400 miles on it at the time of the 5/6/14 incident. The car is at the dealership now for repair. Updated 12/8/2014

- East Haven, CT, USA