2006 Cadillac DTS drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac DTS:

2006 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Feb 022015

DTS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Dts. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle decelerated without warning and caught fire. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Southfield , MI, USA

Jan 082015

DTS 8-cyl

During a family outing, I noticed a rear tire that had lost air pressure again. I had no choice but to visit a discount tire, to diagnose the problem. We hadn't run over a nail nor a screw, but had become the victims of Cadillac's inferior production. The chrome plating began to peel, and separate from the alloy wheels. I was forced to purchase inferior aftermarket wheels in order to get my family home. The informative, and integrative agent at discount tire showed me that all four of my stock, chrome, Cadillac wheels had prematurely corroded, forcing my wife and I to replace the wheels. We have been spun, dismissed, and ignored by numerous Cadillac customer experience agents, regarding this issue, in spite of numerous complaints logged by other Dts owners, posted onto gminsider.com. Cadillac has been well advised of this failure, yet Cadillac fails to accept that their product is substandard. My local dealership, coughlin motors of marysville, Ohio, is reticent to resolve this issue, but, my question is, doesn't the president of our great nation, ride in a Dts" if I'm not mistaken, what are the conditions of his wheels? well, our vehicle had the same wheels. It is my professional opinion, Cadillac has produced an inferior product, and they should be held accountable for it. After all, the president of the United States, and his family, should be welcomed to the same durability and longevity, of Cadillac's product, my family and I, are entitled to? after all, didn't all of us bail out General Motors in adverse conditions? in short, Cadillac has produced yet another inferior product. Isn't it time that GM answers for another inferior product, that affects our safety" granted, the potus has another Dts limo at his disposal; and I'm grateful for that. Sadly, my family of five, does not.

- Richwood, OH, USA

Oct 062008

DTS

I turned right out of my place of employment. I was less than a half block from the light. I pulled into the center lane intending to turn left at the light. Suddenly my car accelerated rapidly. I slammed on the brake so hard my leg hurt for days. The car accelerated more and the brake did not stop it completely. I rear ended a large pickup. I went back to my office and contacted Cadillac customer service immediately. I requested they check the "black box" computer module. They did eventually do that but said they found no problem. Nobody seems to be listening to what happened. I offered Cadillac to just trade me for any identical car they refused any kind of help. I eventually sold the car at a great loss. I had to buy another car, my insurance has gone up dramatically and I am more than discouraged. I was terrified every time I drove the car I had loved before. I constantly drove with one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand on the gear shift in case it happened again hoping it would stop it to shift into neutral.

- Albany, OR, USA