2006 Cadillac DTS fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac DTS:

2006 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Jan 082015

DTS 8-cyl

During a family outing, I noticed a rear tire that had lost air pressure again. I had no choice but to visit a discount tire, to diagnose the problem. We hadn't run over a nail nor a screw, but had become the victims of Cadillac's inferior production. The chrome plating began to peel, and separate from the alloy wheels. I was forced to purchase inferior aftermarket wheels in order to get my family home. The informative, and integrative agent at discount tire showed me that all four of my stock, chrome, Cadillac wheels had prematurely corroded, forcing my wife and I to replace the wheels. We have been spun, dismissed, and ignored by numerous Cadillac customer experience agents, regarding this issue, in spite of numerous complaints logged by other Dts owners, posted onto Cadillac has been well advised of this failure, yet Cadillac fails to accept that their product is substandard. My local dealership, coughlin motors of marysville, Ohio, is reticent to resolve this issue, but, my question is, doesn't the president of our great nation, ride in a Dts" if I'm not mistaken, what are the conditions of his wheels? well, our vehicle had the same wheels. It is my professional opinion, Cadillac has produced an inferior product, and they should be held accountable for it. After all, the president of the United States, and his family, should be welcomed to the same durability and longevity, of Cadillac's product, my family and I, are entitled to? after all, didn't all of us bail out General Motors in adverse conditions? in short, Cadillac has produced yet another inferior product. Isn't it time that GM answers for another inferior product, that affects our safety" granted, the potus has another Dts limo at his disposal; and I'm grateful for that. Sadly, my family of five, does not.

- Richwood, OH, USA

Sep 102014

The fuel pump malfunctioned and had to be replaced. This was the first fuel pump that I've ever replaced on any automobile.

- Charlotte, NC, USA