2.3

2007 Cadillac DTS brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Cadillac DTS:

2007 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Dec 272013

DTS 8-cyl

On 3/11/2014 your office responded to my inquiry on 3/11/2014 concerning the above vehicle. In your response you stated I would have access to a report within 72 hours @ https://www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/vehiclecomplaint/. upon accessing this site there is no where to input the ODI number that you stated would give me access to the status of the complaint. Please advise as I intend to pursue this issue further until the vehicle has been repaired or replaced. Thank you.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Dec 272013

DTS

Engine stopped. All power equipment ceased to function. I was able to get to the side of the freeway. Put the car in neutral, turned the key and the car started and continued for the duration of the 200 mile trip. The second time approximately three weeks ago my wife was driving in heavy city traffic when the same problem occurred and she lost the use of all power equipment. She was able to put the car in park and get it started again without incident. I called GM complaint department. They instructed me to take the car to a dealership and have a diagnostic test done on it. This was done and nothing was found to be wrong with the vehicle. I again called Cadillac complaint department and opened a case. This time I was told to take the car back to the dealership and ask the service department to recheck it. I informed them I have the diagnostic report showing nothing wrong was found. They suggested I take it back and have the service people drive the car. This didn't make any sense because I don't know when and where the problem will occur again. What was I to do for a car while the dealership had mine? I inquired of the Cadillac representative if this car may have the same ignition as the cars currently being recalled by GM. They were unable to answer that question. They finally stated the only remedy was to take it back to the dealership. If this problem occurs again someone could easily get injured or killed. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me on how to resolve this matter.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Nov 042012

DTS

The contact owns a 2007 Cadillac Dts. The contact stated that while driving 4 mph she applied the brakes when the brake pedal abnormally traveled to the floorboard. The vehicle did not respond and eventually coasted to a stop independently. The contact inspected the brake reservoir and determined that there was no brake fluid. The contact added brake fluid and restarted the vehicle. The failure recurred several minutes after the contact resumed driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the two front brake lines and the one brake line in the rear of the vehicle exhibited severe corrosion. The vehicle was repaired. The failure and current mileage was 54,500.

- Plant City, FL, USA