2.5

2007 Cadillac DTS steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Cadillac DTS:

2007 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Oct 012014

DTS

The contact owns a 2007 Cadillac Dts. The contact stated that the steering wheel was extremely difficult to turn. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the power steering hose needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 37,000.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Jul 242014

DTS 8-cyl

Since this first indecent I find ever time it rains if I go thru a puddle of water and turn left or right that the power steering will go out for several seconds before you can recover. Today we have heavy rain and at one turn it nearly resulted with me hitting a semi truck that was in a merge lane and as I made my turn onto the highway steering again out, I could not complete the turn which pointed me at the far lane and the oncoming mammoth truck as I jerked the wheel the steering regained and I jolted back into my lane. When will Cadillac be requested to address this problem or are the large number of people with this problem going to have to have face the fear of a serious accident before we resolve this issue. Case after case the dealers do not know what the cause is as stated in complaints.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Dec 272013

DTS 8-cyl

On 3/11/2014 your office responded to my inquiry on 3/11/2014 concerning the above vehicle. In your response you stated I would have access to a report within 72 hours @ https://www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/vehiclecomplaint/. upon accessing this site there is no where to input the ODI number that you stated would give me access to the status of the complaint. Please advise as I intend to pursue this issue further until the vehicle has been repaired or replaced. Thank you.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Dec 272013

DTS

Engine stopped. All power equipment ceased to function. I was able to get to the side of the freeway. Put the car in neutral, turned the key and the car started and continued for the duration of the 200 mile trip. The second time approximately three weeks ago my wife was driving in heavy city traffic when the same problem occurred and she lost the use of all power equipment. She was able to put the car in park and get it started again without incident. I called GM complaint department. They instructed me to take the car to a dealership and have a diagnostic test done on it. This was done and nothing was found to be wrong with the vehicle. I again called Cadillac complaint department and opened a case. This time I was told to take the car back to the dealership and ask the service department to recheck it. I informed them I have the diagnostic report showing nothing wrong was found. They suggested I take it back and have the service people drive the car. This didn't make any sense because I don't know when and where the problem will occur again. What was I to do for a car while the dealership had mine? I inquired of the Cadillac representative if this car may have the same ignition as the cars currently being recalled by GM. They were unable to answer that question. They finally stated the only remedy was to take it back to the dealership. If this problem occurs again someone could easily get injured or killed. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me on how to resolve this matter.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Jul 162008

DTS 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Cadillac Dts. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the front end of the vehicle began to shake. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer replaced the brakes and the rotors, but the failure continued. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 20,000 and the current mileage was 106,000. The consumer stated ever since he drove the vehicle off the lot, there was an occasional shaking when driving downhill when he applied the brakes. It occurred consistently at certain parts of down grades, but it did not always occur in all down hill situations. The problem went away for a short time, when the dealer replaced the rotors, but when it did recur, it was even worse. Updated 08/02/12

- Mill Valley , CA, USA