2008 Cadillac DTS electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac DTS:

2008 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 152016

Received recall notice stating #14299 ignition key rotation was an issue. Stated service had not been completed. I had installed and paid for a complete new ignition unit earlier this spring at a cost of $400.oo plus. I am not happy to know the old unit needed recall, and further that my dealer never notified the manufacturer. I believe I have a refund due at this time. Please reply as soon as possible.

- Grandview, WA, USA

Sep 042015

On 9/4/15 @ approx 5:45 P.M, vehicle would not start - it acted like there was no fuel getting to the injectors. Three hours later I tried to start the car and it started just fine; took it for a drive around the block w/O any issues. On 9/7/15 the problem resurfaced; I had the car towed to a local mechanic who diagnosed the problem on 9, /8/15, to be a bad fuel pump relay. Car worked fine for one day; on 9/9/15 the problem resurfaced once again - if the car sat off for a couple of hours the problem would go away. I took the car to the Buick GMC dealer and they diagnosed the root cause to be a bad fuse box assembly ($318 part). The fuel pump relay got hot enough to melt the hard plastic of the fuse box assembly, and there are burn marks on the body of the fuel pump relay - I have the old parts and pictures of same. The service rep at the Buick GMC dealer said they have seen this problem on Buick lacrosse. Being that the fuse box is under the rear seat of the car, there is the potential for the car to catch on fire.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Jan 152015

After parking my car in the garage, approximately 3 weeks later, I went to start my car, but it would not start, it would crank over good, but would not start. I proceeded with my own assumptions and found a pin(#30)on the fuel pump relay was burnt, I had an electrical diagnosis performed on the wiring and the fuel pump, both passed okay, I was told the fuse block was bad, (which I suspected),which I had previously ordered from the Cadillac dealer. On installing the new fuse block, the problem was solved.

- Old Hickory, TN, USA

Dec 012014

DTS 8-cyl

2008 Cadillac Dts. Recall regarding if key ring is adding weight to vehicle. According to the recall letter, the parts are not available.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Nov 142014

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Dts. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). However, the parts needed for the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jul 122010

DTS 8-cyl

The daytime running lights and front turn signal light sockets in both headlamps have burnt contacts. I took my 2008 Cadillac Dts to the dealer to have the bulbs replaced as my turn signals weren't working. They replaced the bulbs. Two days later they quit working again. I took the car back and they checked it again and informed me that the lamp sockets were burnt and that I would have to replace the entire headlamp assembly because there wasn't a replacement socket available. The cost was going to be approximately $1000 each with labor. I believe this a safety issue and Cadillac should either provide a replacement socket or cover a part of the part and labor. Right now I have the sockets temporarily repaired with paper clips and aluminum foil because on social security I can't afford their cost to fix but I won't drive on the road with no front turn signals and endanger other folks on the road.

- Finlayson, MN, USA

Nov 042014

DTS 8-cyl

Took my vehicle in for safety recall 14299 nothing was done to the switch they just put something on the key and 2 small key rings and told me that nothing else was to be put on the key ring. In my opinion the repair was not done what is stopping the key switch from shutting off as a mechanic nothing was done.

- Carson, MS, USA

Aug 042014

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Dts. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Mar 212012

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Dts. While driving 30 mph, a deer crashed into the front passenger side of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the computer module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Athens, GA, USA

Sep 042014

DTS 8-cyl

GM recall 14299/NHTSA recall 14V355000 the GM fix for this faulty ignition switch is to install a smaller (13mm) key ring and small inserts on the ignition keys to prevent installing any other things on the key ring. This is not a fix for a faulty ignition switch, but a means to circumvent the problem! I find it extremely difficult to believe that your organization would rubber stamp this shoddy circumvention of the real problem! how many vehicle accidents are you and GM willing to allow before fixing the problem properly? rest assured, my attorney has a copy of this complaint and will take the appropriate action should my vehicle malfunction!

- Shalimar , FL, USA

Aug 252014

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Dts. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the parts were unavailable to repair the vehicle. The contact was afraid to drive the vehicle. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Aug 182014

DTS 8-cyl

Received notice of GM recall 14299 on 8/18/14. Furious that the parts to remedy this problem are said to be unavailable and no date - or even an expected date - for their availability is given in the letter received. GM has known of this problem literally for years now and I don't appreciate the fact that there are no parts to provide an immediate remedy or an anticipated date for its resolution. Totally unconscionable! meanwhile, owners are expected to use only their ignition key (no other implements are to be on the key ring - such as those for self-defense or convenience) to obviate GM's safety lapse for an undetermined length of time that will be at the convenience of GM, not their customers. Additionally, since there has been media coverage of this particular problem for years, why am I only now receiving notice that my car is involved in this recall?

- Kittanning, PA, USA

Jul 232014

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Dts. The contact stated while driving approximately 40 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The contact then inspected the vehicle and noticed that the power steering pump detached from the vehicle. The contact also stated that the steering wheel became hard to turn. The contact also noticed the struts were leaking. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact received NHTSA campaign number 14V355000 (electrical system) and stated that the parts were not available under the recall. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Magnolia, MS, USA

May 252010

DTS 8-cyl

2008 Cadillac Dts. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle electrical problems. The consumer stated he lost power for a couple of seconds, then everything returned to normal. When it happened again, everything, did not return to normal. The battery, alternator and headlight had to be replaced. Also, the windshield washer heater burned out. The heater was replaced.

- Morris, IL, USA

Mar 192014

DTS 8-cyl

The Cadillac Dts 2008 would not start.. had Dts towed to foreman-blair GM dealership.. 896382 scan for codes none found no fuel pressure no voltage at circuit to fuel pump no voltage burn connector at fuse box replace box C multi point inspection the relay 19116057 got hot and burn connector at fuse box and melted the fuse block 19116816 which is located under thr back seat, , that might set the car of fire.. this not the first time this has happen on Dts car there are more on the internet that had the same problem, ,, I need to get my money back $735.18, because this was not my fought.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Feb 122012

DTS 8-cyl

I started to smell smoke in the car, I shut the engine, the smoke was coming from under the back seat. I removed the back seat, and smelled the fuse box, and opened the fuse box cover, and I found that two relays were very hot, and one of them was burned, and melted all the way into the bottom of the whole fuse box block. I had the whole fuse block replaced the part alone was $225.71 plus installation. A year later same exact thing happened, I went to the dealer, and I was told that there is no recall on this fuse block. So I guess I have to do this all over again if I want to drive this vehicle.

- Greenwich, CT, USA

Aug 122012

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Dts. The contact stated that ignition failed and as a result, he was unable to remove the key out of the ignition. The contact mentioned that he left the key in the ignition over night which caused the battery to be completely drained. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnose that the shifter switch mechanism fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance and referred him to NHTSA. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Bucyrus, OH, USA

Sep 012011

DTS 8-cyl

2008 Cadillac Dts. Consumer writes in regards to warning lights, gauges and indicators being illuminated while driving the consumer also stated the alarm system goes off at night. The dealer was unable to find a problem.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Mar 072011

DTS 8-cyl

2008 Cadillac Dts - problem with dash board lights not being reset to bright when in sunlight.

- Morganville, NJ, USA

May 292010

DTS 8-cyl

Dash lights at times will not come up to bright level, very hard to see instruments in daylight on sunny day. Once drove from nashville, tn. To louisville, ky.,before dash lights came on, this was starting at about 8:30 am in May. When daylight and sunny plus driving East into bright sun.

- Old Hickory, TN, USA