8.7

2009 Cadillac DTS accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Cadillac DTS:

2009 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Oct 062009

DTS 8-cyl

Front seat head restraints cause a very large obstruction in trying to see a vehicle you are passing, so as to know when to get back in to the travel lane. Also the head restraints pose a large blind spot when trying to merge in traffic.

- Millis, MA, USA

Oct 102009

DTS

We have a 2010 Cadillac Dts. I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and the headrest on the passenger side leans so far forward that I could not ride comfortably in the car. The headrest is tilted forward and I could not sit all the way back in the seat as the headrest would be pushing on my head. I tried adjusting the seat's position to no avail. I had to sit with my back not resting on the seatback. The dealer's answer to fixing the problem was to turn the headrest backwards but now it is not secured in its holder. The back seatbelts were so poorly designed that only a skinny person could fasten them. We discovedred that most of our friends found it very difficult to fasten those seatbelts. After struggling to fasten the seatbelts some friends just decided to leave the seatbelts unfastened. The dealer's answer to this was to give us black seatbelt extenders to fasten to the tan seatbelts. All our passengers want to know why we have the two colors of seatbelts. It is rather embarrassing to say it is a design flaw of the Cadillac! the car looks dowdy with the two colored seatbelts! a salesman in the dealership where we bought the car inferred that the back seatbelts could be fixed if he could weld a longer mounting bracket to which the seatbelts are attached. However, the Cadillac company would not allow the dealership to do so as the design of the seatbelts cannot be changed even though it has an obvious flaw. We tried the back seatbelts in a showroom car and the same problem was noticed. Even the serviceman had a difficult time fastening the back seatbelts.

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

Feb 282010

DTS

Headrests too large and block visibility for driver looking to his right.

- Severna Park, MD, USA