CarComplaints.com Notes: End of the road for the Cadillac DTS which has been discontinued following the 2011 model year.

2011 Cadillac DTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac DTS:

2011 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Jan 102016

DTS

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Dts. While having the vehicle serviced, the contact observed oil leaking from the vehicle. There were no warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the oil pan gasket and motor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 70,000.

- Albany, NY, USA

Aug 142012

DTS 8-cyl

Hit a truck pulling a lowboy trailer stopped at a stop light.. due to a concussion, I do not remember the details of the crash. However I do know that the air bag did not deploy and I hit the steering wheel hard enough with my face and chest to bend the steering wheel. I received a severe concussion, five broken ribs and facial lacerations due to hitting the steering wheel. Due to my injuries I was in intensive care and the hospital for nine days and spent 20 days in a rehabilitation facility. I am home now, still in pain and moving around with the help of a walker. I have owned Cadillac for the last 30 years. I will never drive another one. If this happened once, what is to say it won't happen again. Except this time to a family of four, instead of a widow traveling alone. I have photos of the damaged vehicle if they are needed.

- Louisville, KY, USA