Burning Oil

1999 Cadillac DeVille

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Cadillac dealer.

1999 Cadillac DeVille engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Cadillac DeVille:

1999 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Nov 032008

DeVille V8

Auto now has 7,000 miles and runs fine except for oil leaks which no one wants to bother with. I will be contacting GM, BBB, and all others to get a satisfactory answer to fix this problem. Bought this car about a year ago and I think the dealer knew the problem and waited until a oil change service a year later to report the oil leaks. Hope the electric cars take over. Why doesn't someone revitalize the Lear Steam Car. Have a good Day.

- , Sutherlin, OR, USA

Jul 092008

DeVille 3.2L

I have a 1999 Cadillac DeVille I notice after a normal routine oil change and before the next change is do I would have to add 1 quart of oil because the "Check oil Level" light comes on. I'm only driven the car limited miles and not happy with added extra oil. Is there a problem with my car before I take it to the dealership. Where I get the oil changed done I notice they are adding 7 1/2 qrts of oil everytime...Help please.....

- , Ottawa, IL, USA

Jan 162004

DeVille CoupeDeville

This car is recently out of the five year warranty. It only has 41000 miles. It burns oil (2 qts/3000 miles) and dealer reports it will get worse. Dealer is aware this is a general problem with this engine. I plan to persue cost to repair with GM.

- , Rock Hill, SC, USA

Nov 032003

DeVille Concours

Car is using a lot of oil, more than a quart per 1000 miles. It is still in warrenty but runs out 12/08/03. Dealer is running an oil consumption test but I have found out that they know there are problems with this engine.

- , Suffield, Ct., USA