9.3

1999 Cadillac DeVille engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Cadillac DeVille:

1999 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Sep 012016

DeVille North Star V8

I was driving with my 15 month old infant and my 4 year ok daughter. The car accelerated and would not stop speeding up until I shut it off. It was terrifying!!!!! My car is now at the shop. I've learned from multiple forums that this year make and model have had this issue numerous times. Cadillac needs to issue a recall and fix this!

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Aug 262010

DeVille V8

Spent over $1500 and did not have use of care for over a month, but problem still exists. No one seems to be able to pin point the problem although there have been several suggestions thrown around.

- , Fort White, FL, USA

Feb 092006

DeVille DeExcellence

The car suddenly acceleratied. I was pulling into an angle parking space in a ramp, my foot was NOT on either petal, the car was just creeping in when suddenly it went flying into the concrete wall, I hit the brakes, but it was the WALL that stopped the car, not the brake. Sufficent damage to front end, car towed to repair.

- , Crystal, MN, USA