2001 Cadillac DeVille electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Cadillac DeVille:

2001 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Dec 162012

DeVille Deville 4.6L V8

This Problem concerns my 2001 Cad. Devile. The problem started before I purchased the car. After we had purchased the car and driven it a few hundred we started having trouble with the egnition switch, The problem was the Car would not start. unless we engaged the ignition Switch numerous time, Usually within 5-10 minutes it would Engage the Starter then it would run fine for a couple of weeks. This was a pain in the butt but was managable. Then on 12/16/2012 we were turning on to my Daughters road from a dual highway highway when the car stalled as we were aproaching a Ralroad track. We applied the brakes and was able to get the car stopped very close to the track. Then the Ignition would not engage the starter, It was a long time before we were able to get tthe car started . this is a critical component and should be repaired asap. I will take my car to the Dealer on Wed. Hopefully they will be able to find the solution to this critical issue..

- , Marmaduke, AR, USA