9.5

$3,500.00

1. replace/rebuild engine (4 reports)
2002 Cadillac DeVille engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Cadillac DeVille:

2002 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Feb 082011

DeVille DTS V8

Yo I got my 2002 "Pimping Cadamallak DTS" back when I was a fool! I mean, I layed down some greenbacks for my sled thinking I was LL cool J or someone like that u kno! Anywaz this gas drinkin, engin oil stinkin should of got a fo door Lincoln, butt waste thinkin, pile of Fat black hoe piece of chit motor blew up. Slung a piston right thru one my 13" daytons! Now woo woo fock all tat chit. Some motherfocker at the dealer tells me $2,000 to fix my chit? like the white man has a Cadamallak. But fo reelz, this one piece of chit make me look like a bitch car.. no what they ain't worth chit now anyway lik $35 hundread all.

- , Backwoods, CA, USA

Mar 052011

DeVille DHS 3.2L

i have owned 3 cadillacs a 93, a 98, and finally an 02 and this car is/was the worst!!! I was told by several mechanics that the norstar engines SUCK and that there is an open lawsuit and that nothing is being done about it. I am not sure wht avenue to take at this point but I am really pissed my car has been sitting with a blown engine while i have a wopping 3500.00 estimate of repair. somebody HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Rochester, NY, USA

Jun 192010

DeVille 4.6L Northstar

First I had an oil leak at around 50,000 miles but i don't have ext warranty. then right before 70000 miles i notice white smoke, so i take it in to my friends shop (he used to work for cadillac) and he tells me i have a blown head gasket but its not worth fixing because its a common problem with this motor and its the head bolt pulling away or something. This sounds pretty lame. does anyone have a similar problem or any recommendations for me?

- , Kaneohe, HI, USA

May 152009

DeVille DTS V8

I have a 2002 Cadillac DTS and it has 96,000 miles. One owner, and I always took it in every 15,000 for a tune-up and changed the oil every 3k. A few days ago, the engine starting making a terrible noise and quit on me. Today, the caddy dealership called me saying the engine needs replaced....at 96,000 miles!!! Are you kidding me?

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

- , Plainfield, IL, USA